Is anyone else looking forward to the Royal Wedding?

The enes who know that moths really do crash into electric llights, incredible though that may seem to the a lowly subject of the realm.

Are you sure that you haven't been banging your own head on a lamp post?

I've seen reports that at least 1/4 of the world's population will watch the event on TV and hundreds of world leaders

The King of Bahrain has pulled out.

and A list celebrities will be coming to London as gusts and many more just to be here.

Well, they would be (considering they are full of wind).

If you meant (which I suspect you did) "guests" then all I can say "whoopeedoo" (as in BFHD).

http://princewilliam-wedding.com/the-royal-wedding-likely-to-draw-2-billion-viewers-460/

The much anticipated ROYAL WEDDING of PRINCE WILLIAM and KATE MIDDLETON is expected to attract 2 billion viewers worldwide as it happens on April 29! A recent survey done by Zoosk shows American’s thoughts on the upcoming royal nuptials, from wedding traditions to matters of the heart

Why do people do that? :confused:

John X

Why do people do that? :confused:

John X

Considering what is on at the same time on the other channels, I'd say 'cause there's not a lot else on TV?

Also, remember, the figure quoted is for the entire population of the planet.

There's another 4.9 billion that won't be watching the drivel.

I'd say 'cause there's not a lot else on TV?

I meant why do people post up links to partisan websites in an attempt to back up something they have said.

Do they think people on here are stupid? :suspect:

John X

I meant why do people post up links to partisan websites in an attempt to back up something they have said.

Ah, I'm with you now.

I suspect that they think it heightens the credibility of their invalid argument (though it actually makes the poster look a little silly).

Do they think people on here are stupid? :suspect:

They may. Until someone points out how biased the site posted actually is (it happens a lot on political and religious threads).

False gravitas:).

Considering what is on at the same time on the other channels, I'd say 'cause there's not a lot else on TV?

Also, remember, the figure quoted is for the entire population of the planet.

There's another 4.9 billion that won't be watching the drivel.

I understand that there are 15,000 TV channels in the world. Are you seriously claiming that in every country there is nothing that folks would normally watch that would clash with the wedding broadcast? If that's the case there must be some very stupid folks in charge of the world's TV stations, because without viewers they won't get advertising revenue.

Regarding the 4.9 billion that won't be watching, probably 3 billion of those won't have access to a TV, be at work or be fast asleep in bed.

I understand that there are 15,000 TV channels in the world.

Now divide that number by 196 (the number of countries in the world), now divide that by an approximation of the number of regional TV channels each country has (say 10). That means an average of approx 7 channels per region, per country. Not a lot of TV channels, when you think about it.

Considering I live in the UK, and have seen the listings for Friday, I'd say there's pretty much nothing else on on Friday afternoon from 14:00 till 16:00.

Archived