Which of these impediments would bother you the most?

Which of these impediments would bother you the most?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these impediments would bother you the most?

• Deaf in one ear
    • Blind in one eye

I'm about 80 per cent blind in my left eye and tbh I've never considered itvto be a problem.

I would hate the prospect of being same in my left ear though!

same here, although i think im probably about 90% in my left eye as i can only really distinguish between light and dark.

only problems i've had is it took me a bit longer than average to learn to drive and i can't catch very well!

i'd hate to be deaf in one ear though, that would put me out of kilter a bit. especially as my hearing is really sharp.

Definetly losing sight in one eye. There are more ways to get around hearing loss than sight loss i.e. lip reading, sign language, hearing aids.

My hearing is failing and (although it took me a while to realise I was doing it) I tend to lip read. (Apart from when I'm watching TV and they have a gurner waving his/her hands around and pulling faces. Most of the 'words' are unintelligible.)

I'll probably give in and buy a pair of hearing devices. I hope I don't get hearing aids, though.

...Losing my sight partially would mean I would not be able to drive anymore

Why? - The instructor who taught me to drive had only one eye. I asked him how he judged speeds and distances and he said: "You adapt to it. It was difficult at first, but your brain compensates."

OH an Eye for sure in my trade. I would panic big time. Already mostly deaf in one ear but I love the quiet and I can ignore people nicely. Do they say... "Poor old soul she's always been daft & shes deaf now you know"

I hardly ever watch TV .. but I did love The Pillars of the Earth on TV I prefer Youtube to TV.. I watch X factor and BGT.......runnin' and duckin'. and some other BBC ITV stuff..

Archived