Signing on after voluntary redundancy ?

She can sign on the day after her last day at work. She won't necessarily get any money to begin with.

If she is getting pay in lieu of notice, she will not receive JSA until that notice period expires. If she is only getting the redundancy payment, she qualifies for JSA from day one, assuming financial circumstances entitle her to it. (I'm not familiar with the latest rules on who qualifies for JSA and who does not.)

I'm fairly sure that because she's been paying NIC then she should be entitled to income based jobseekers allowance which I believe is dependant on having paid into the system to begin with.

I don't think they take into account a working partner either because it's based on her own contributions.

Having said that.......who knows nowadays because they keep shifting the goalposts!

when i first met my partner i was on jsa and because he worked i obviously had to stop claiming it so if you work she wont be able to claim anyway but if you dont they should be able to help her and if there is any waiting time before she can claim anything its usually 6 weeks i think but if she is gettin redundancy money they may not pay her anything until that has gone hope thats not the case as it sounds a far amount but as we all know with the bills etc to pay it wont go very far hope you get it sorted

I'm fairly sure that because she's been paying NIC then she should be entitled to income based jobseekers allowance which I believe is dependant on having paid into the system to begin with.

I don't think they take into account a working partner either because it's based on her own contributions.

You mean contribution-based, but I think you are right. It's just that, as you say, they keep tinkering with the rules and I may be out of date.

Archived