Drinking in rotherham in the 70s

Not been in new leisure centre so don't know how good it is. I did use to enjoy a Sheffield brewed pint of Stones though in the Hind, Homestead and Clifton. Steel works still hanging on in there but most of the larger stores have moved out of Rotherham town centre to Parkgate

Not been in new leisure centre so don't know how good it is. I did use to enjoy a Sheffield brewed pint of Stones though in the Hind, Homestead and Clifton. Steel works still hanging on in there but most of the larger stores have moved out of Rotherham town centre to Parkgate

were was hind

near the hospital on the way to a reservoir

Whiston always reminds me of a Derbyshire village. The chef at the Sitwell in the 70's was an Austrian guy called Helmut, he played in the same football team as me, his nickname was crash hat. :hihi:

Hind is on East Bawtry Road, the dual carriageway between Whiston Crossroads and Worry Goose roundabout. It was built post war and was a really popular pub in the '70s and '80s. Feoffes wasn't opened as a pub until '81.

Hind is on East Bawtry Road, the dual carriageway between Whiston Crossroads and Worry Goose roundabout. It was built post war and was a really popular pub in the '70s and '80s. Feoffes wasn't opened as a pub until '81.[/quote

got it know we the hind his thanks. feoffies behind the old rotherham court house down from south grove school it used to be were the market traders used to put their carts used to play in their when i was a kid

Hi cleanup Feoffes was originally a charity establishment of some kind in Victorian times.I worked for Veres Nuloaf in the 70s,they used it as a garage for the breadvans,we put all the bad starters on the steep slope in its yard to bump start them on a morning.It was turned into a pub in the 80s.I think it used to be a school originally!OLD TUP.

Hi cleanup Feoffes was originally a charity establishment of some kind in Victorian times.I worked for Veres Nuloaf in the 70s,they used it as a garage for the breadvans,we put all the bad starters on the steep slope in its yard to bump start them on a morning.It was turned into a pub in the 80s.I think it used to be a school originally!OLD TUP.

yes it was in the 1600 the feoffes were some sort of charity organization were a group of land owners started by the walker family who made cannons and lived in clifton hall set up a school called bluecoats after the uniform it shut in the late 1920s i believe, yes i went i the belverder twice full of 50p millionaire's

Belvedere was ok to call in for a quick couple of pints on the way to somewhere. I can remember spending one evening in there during a power cut when it was one of few pubs in area to have hand pumps. Must have been in early 80s as I remember we were drinking Whitbread Queens Ale which was a lovely pint but not brewed for very long.