Drinking in rotherham in the 70s

around 1971ish,when i was working at BSC every month or so ,there would be a massive crowd of us (mostly work mates from rotherham,thurcroft,rawmarsh,sheffield ,dronfield etc ) and a few others) mostly skinheads or suede heads ,whatever we were at the time would meet in ,usually red lion or was that in later years ?the memory is not so gud (sometimezeimers).then the stag at the stag roundabout,then into the charade (pat sweetwater dj),dave allen the owner.dave allen took me in back room with the doormen and threatend to av me nicked if any trouble ´cos i was the biggest!!(ended up workin for him many years later at josies,but never mentioned the incident ).they eventually realised we were from sheffield when there was about 30 umbrellas hung up in the cloakroom ,mid summer without a cloud in the sky !!we´d leave there and then go back to to the heartbeat in sheffield !!it didn´t last too long as we all got barred (not going into detail )a few years later we went round the centre of rotherham and then to ?? the big nightclub ?? (my flippin memory !! then in late 80´s ended up managing magintys for a while !! sure thats bored you all enuff !!lol

Mr B, going on your acctual age, the night club may have been Tiffanys, changed its name many times since. It was the biggest club in Rotherham, The Windmill you would know as it was built on to the Millmoor footy ground.

Enjot the sun Mr B.

Mr B, going on your acctual age, the night club may have been Tiffanys, changed its name many times since. It was the biggest club in Rotherham, The Windmill you would know as it was built on to the Millmoor footy ground.

Enjot the sun Mr B.

cheers mr p. it was tiffs , ..30+ degrees now 8) !!might see you next season !

cheers mr p. it was tiffs , ..30+ degrees now 8) !!might see you next season !

it had to be tiffs it closed down for a good few yrs before reopening as the zone 1996 owned by top rank. the building started of as a bowling allay

Edited by cleanup
spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I used to go to every place mentioned on this thread, but am struggling to remember much about Cresta's. I remember the name but not where it was.

Wellgate in particular was a buzzing place for many years. Start at the Clifton, Masons arms, Albion Rd Club, Hare and Hounds, Mailcoach, Clever and then into town. I've just realised I must have been a heavy drinker.....