Drinking in rotherham in the 70s

I used to go to every place mentioned on this thread, but am struggling to remember much about Cresta's. I remember the name but not where it was.QUOTE]

Cresta's was next to the turf but up the stairs, became the Precinct where i got my first club job. you had to learn the trade very quickly then.

• 6 months later...
What about the Dickins listening to the music bikes parked round the back.Great Days.Jim.:cool:

I used to go drinking. out and about round Rotherham hare and hounds, cleaver etc, in fact I still do. Used to go with friends from work every Friday an satday. When we'd done on wellgate off down bridgegate to the angel then off to the bridge inn, then afore we went into tiffs it was over the road first...

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GOOD OLD DAYS!!!

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 22:05 ----------

Windmill night club, Crestas night club, Adam and Eve night club. ALL GONE NOT FORGOTTEN.

OH MY GOD ID FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE WINDMILL, HAD SOME GREAT NIGHTS THERE, NEVER BOTHERED WITH ADAM AND EVE, LIKED TIFFS THE BEST.

HAPPY DAYS:smile:

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 22:07 ----------

Do any of you guys still use the Hares? I managed the pub 2011-2012, My son danny worked there too. Had a few hair raising moments Myself!! Had some great times too!

iSTILL GO IN THE HARES, NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 22:09 ----------

my dad used to be a dj in charades (?) in the 70's and his boss was dave allen

wernt dave growns was it??????????????????????

• 1 year later...