Invite to wedding ceremony not the reception

it's so hard deciding who gets to go to what especially on a limited budget and of the venue is restrictive on numbers. I be privileged to be invited to any of it, especially the ceremony which is the most important part. you sound ungrateful and rude and far from

an ideal guest, no wonder they have picked other guests over you.

also, when we got married we invited close friends and family to the ceremony with more people arriving in the evening. some of te older people left really early in the evening and whilst it was nice to see them I did find myself asking why we had bothered inviting them when it clearly wasn't for them. they saw the bit that mattered (the ceremony) and then left, so you can't please everyone

I expect they've had to make some difficult decisions about numbers. Try not to take it too personally.:) After all, you have been invited!

I know this may sound harsh, but if you decide not to go over this then you're clearly not as close as you say you are. You should be looking forward to seeing them get married!

No. Take a leaf from my book, and now spend the rest of your life dedicated to learning the sword so you can track down the six-fingered man and kill him in revenge for murdering your father.

Oh. Sorry. You've been cut from a wedding invitation list.

Murder of father/not invited to wedding reception.

[so easy to confuse when you've been on the brandy.]

Do go... must remember it is your friends' sons' wedding and as far as the disco goes, they may well have little sway on who is invited. Besides, the most the actual wedding ceremony and reception is THE most important event and clearly both your friend and the son value you highly to have extended an invitation to you. Go and enjoy the day...

It's your friends son - I wouldn't dream of inviting my parents friends to my wedding...

That's not right, our parents friends came on both sides when we got married, they were family friends, people we had grown up with, I would never have dreamed of not inviting them.

Regardless, I'm assuming the OP has known the groom since he was a little boy and is fond of him so she should recognize this is his day and he can do it however he wants and if so she should turn up and wish him well.

If that's not the case she just shouldn't worry anyway, if she doesn't care enough about the lad to want him to have a nice day with no friction she shouldn't be bothered about going anyway!

Thanks losers. not bothering going on here again.

If your attitude on this thread is typical of your personality in the real world, then I'm surprised you've been invited to any of it.

It's a wedding. You've been invited. Go to the bit you've been invited to and enjoy it. Feel good about the couple (who are celebrating what is likely to be one of the most important days in their lives, if not the most important - and are asking YOU to join in their celebrations), and wish them well. If you feel unable to do this, for someone you presumably care about, then stay away and sulk at home.

I know what I'd do, and it wouldn't involve sulking.

Archived