Should "pet" ownership be phased out. ?

I'm unsure about megalithic's attitude towards guide dogs, working sheep dogs, police dogs, search and rescue dogs, many of these are also kept as pets by their owners/handlers.

I wouldn't strictly call them pets, they are working dogs, i have nothing against them.

So what happens in Sheffield if a person is attacked by a dog that has been trained to be dangerous by the owner?

Here the owner is more than likely to be sued by the injured person and the dog taken away by the police and after a court hearing more than likely euthanized. The owner also faces a stiff fine for failing to adequately confine the animal on his property

I would like to say it is the same here but my nephew needed surgery a couple of years ago when a dog attacked him. The dog was put to sleep but the owner never went to court. I believe it is 'supposed' to work the same way over here though.

I wouldn't strictly call them pets, they are working dogs, i have nothing against them.

In addition, many of these dogs, after being trained, fail to meet the standards required or get injured through one reason or another, and can no longer work, what would you suggest for them?

In addition, many of these dogs, after being trained, fail to meet the standards required or get injured through one reason or another, and can no longer work, what would you suggest for them?

I dunno to be honest, it seems harsh that an animal serving us should be pts as a reward for being injured in the line of duty.

I really don't know.

What are we going to do with all the pets. kill them off, what happens to all the breeds that are are produced as pet animals, they couldn't find a niche to fill in the wild. What happens to all the people who work in the pet industry?

Find alternative employment.Like miners,ciggie makers,publicans,post-office staff,steel-workers etc:

i guess that's why that woman put the one in the bin. :o

Maybe so! I have one, that is clearly not 'owned', and nearly feral. That runs into the flat and dumps and wees itself silly. I'm really thinking of buying a air rifle to be honest. Unless I could sort it humane like?? Any ideas?

Maybe so! I have one, that is clearly not 'owned', and nearly feral. That runs into the flat and dumps and wees itself silly. I'm really thinking of buying a air rifle to be honest. Unless I could sort it humane like?? Any ideas?

Dude. :D

maybe try nappies.

Archived