Should "pet" ownership be phased out. ?

Sorry teenyweeny, but that's a stupid reply.

I also agree with teenyweeny m8. You are suggesting wiping out entire species just so they do not get abused. Wiping out children is the next logical step after that. May as well grow them in hospitals rather than risk being abused.

It's turning in to Demolition Man at this rate

You would have me put to death would you?

I had my little girlie put to sleep last weekend (the single worst time of my life might i add), after 15 years of love, companionship and happy times.

Not all Stafford owners are scum that breed anything resembling a Stafford with anything else resembling a Stafford. I know the kennels are full of mongrels that resemble Staffies (with the odd pure Stafford thrown in), but you can not take that out on Stafford owners. In fact. We are looking through every website we know of to decide whether we can offer a home to a homeless Stafford.

I find your post ignorant and insulting. How about you try thinking before touching a keyboard in future.

i have owned 2 staffordshire bull terriers myself,they are the most loving dog in my eyes.some people talk through their rear end.i love my dogs to bits i have a doberman and a rotweiller,they are very well looked after and and have the best of everything.they are loved very much,a dog has a lot to give..i would and could not imagine my life without them they are my babies.

It's not logical at all.

How does phasing out ownership of pets lead the brain into thinking we'd exterminate our future generations. ? :huh:

to me a animal has as much right to be here as a human,who are you to say we should ban pet ownership.

to me a animal has as much right to be here as a human,who are you to say we should ban pet ownership.

Not ban it, as in destroy all pets tomorrow, but through neutering etc, phase it out.

It's the only way pet suffering will end.

Not ban it, as in destroy all pets tomorrow, but through neutering etc, phase it out.

It's the only way pet suffering will end.

it would be ridiculous to have every single animal neuted or spayed.my 2 bitches havent been done,we are responsible pet owners our dogs do not rome the streets we take them out on leads and they got a big garden to play in.i have no intention of breeding them,its just a personal choice.

I myself am against spaying, as you'll notice if you read my previous posts, but i'd put aside my personal feelings if it meant less suffering in the animal market.

People like rains etc can't cope with the tide, it's overwhelming and something needs to be done to stop the suffering.

If that means responsible owners have to give up the pleasure of owning a pet, so be it.

I've had dogs all my life, but a change is needed.

I myself am against spaying, as you'll notice if you read my previous posts, but i'd put aside my personal feelings if it meant less suffering in the animal market.

People like rains etc can't cope with the tide, it's overwhelming and something needs to be done to stop the suffering.

If that means responsible owners have to give up the pleasure of owning a pet, so be it.

I've had dogs all my life, but a change is needed.

i appreciate what you are saying,something needs to be done with the high volume of unwanted animals in the shelters.something does need to be done but im not quite sure what.

i appreciate what you are saying,something needs to be done with the high volume of unwanted animals in the shelters.something does need to be done but im not quite sure what.

I'm sure, phasing out of pet ownership, as i said in my OP.

I'm sure, phasing out of pet ownership, as i said in my OP.

But like i said earlier. You are asking the world to eradicate entire species from the planet to stop the vast minority of abusers doing it. Domestic cats/dogs/birds/reptiles/fish...They do have the ability to care for themselves.

I do not believe your plan could work in any way. Abusers will always find things to abuse.

I don't have a solution to the problem. If it were left to me i would force a ruling that anyone found to be abusing a pet would get 10 years hard labour for the first offense. Much more for any resulting offense.

Of course this would mean many more prison places needed. It's so hard to come up with a solution.

Archived