Religious people, Do you believe dinosaurs ever existed?

...the 7 days thing, time is relative, a day to a god could be a billion milion years?

Yeah... on the second day god created all the plants. On the third day - a billion million years later - god created the sun and, due to lack of sunlight for a billion million years, all the plants had died.

DOH!

Faith isn't based on hard facts, and they generally don't mix very well, but then does this make all religious people idiots?

This is a stupid thread. Do you seriously believe that in this day and age the average Christian still believes in the Adam and Eve theory.?

I am aware that bible makes a claim that earth is 7k years old ,

What do the Torah and Koran say in order to make dinosaurs a impossibility ?

Well for one thing it's 6000 years, or 5771.

Secondly that part is in the Torah, as well as the bible.

As for the Quran, I guess you just have to sort of ask, why wouldn't god mention it?

I mean, it gives an account of creation but then decides to skip out the first 13.7 billion years and go right to when humans came about 200,000 years ago? Not very convincing is it?

The 1st day God created light, night and day. On the second he created Earth.

Wouldn't Earth have to come first in order to facilitate night and day?

Let alone the fact that he managed to create light, and night and day, before he created the sun!

Let alone the fact that he managed to create light, and night and day, before he created the sun!

I was going to give God the benefit of the doubt..the light being the Sun as a metaphor like.

Second thoughts he may not have created metaphors considering he had a lot on.

I'm sure if God could make everything, he'd have no problem making a torch so he could see what he was doing, a few pencil batteries a bit of copper wire and a bulb should have done the job until God got around to nuclear fission.

Tut.

I was going to give God the benefit of the doubt..the light being the Sun as a metaphor like.
There is no doubt to give him the benefit of, its quite explicit that the sun was created on day 4, after night and day and the earth had been created.

Religious people like anyone else are entitled to question or believe in anything they like.

But not to impose it on others. Look at the history of the Catholic Church, the Inquisition, putting Galileo under house arrest until the day he died. How many centuries of human progress were lost because of its influence?

does this make all religious people idiots?

Is a child's belief in Father Christmas idiotic?

But if you belong to organised religiouns then you agree, beleive and follow the teachings of the good book.

Which one?

I am aware that bible makes a claim that earth is 7k years old

That was Bishop James Ussher in 1650 (link). The Annales veteris testamenti, a prima mundi origine deducti, followed by Annalium pars postierior in 1654.

Archived