Religious people, Do you believe dinosaurs ever existed?

This is a stupid thread. Do you seriously believe that in this day and age the average Christian still believes in the Adam and Eve theory.?

Then why should they still believe in ANY of the bible?

If it's okay to stop believing in some parts of the book because we know better now, what makes people think ANY of it is true?

I've heard people defend the fantasy of the bible saying that it's written in metaphors - surely the "God" in the bible is more likely to be a metaphor (for good values and morals) rather than an actual super-being that gives no evidence for his own existence?

I never had any problem in believing in dinosaurs, evolution etc even as a churchgoing Christian.

Seems to me that there's an unhealthy number of people about eho seem to want to police what other folk think.

Didn't a teacher go on trial in the US in the early 20th century for teaching evolution?

I never had any problem in believing in dinosaurs, evolution etc even as a churchgoing Christian.

Seems to me that there's an unhealthy number of people about eho seem to want to police what other folk think.

+1 to that, me too.

I'm enlightened enough to know that the Bible was

A) Written by man.

B) Has undergone many revisions over the years to suit whomever is in control.

So I take some passages with a large pinch of salt.

+1 to that, me too.

I'm enlightened enough to know that the Bible was

A) Written by man.

B) Has undergone many revisions over the years to suit whomever is in control.

So I take some passages with a large pinch of salt.

Most of the Bible is hearsay anyway.

If you do then doesn't this contradict the evidence in the Bible / Koran that Adam and Eve were the first inhabitants?

How does the story of Adam and Eve contradict the existence of dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs lived long before humans.

Didn't a teacher go on trial in the US in the early 20th century for teaching evolution?

Yes he did. It was called the Scopes Monkey trial. Without googling it I dont know what the outcome of it was but I think Christians have moved on quite a bit from the mentality of those times, or at least the great majority have

Archived