Are we perfect beings?

It amuses me when people say such things as "Oh, well that isn't very humane", when refering to something calous, cruel, unkind. This presupposes that humanity has some kind of innate virtue, and that all the screwed up stuff, that humanity actually does, isn't really human nature at all.

When in fact, that is exatly what human nature is. Human nature is exactly what we do, and how we are, collectively.

It amuses me when people say such things as "Oh, well that isn't very humane", when refering to something calous, cruel, unkind. This presupposes that humanity has some kind of innate virtue, and that all the screwed up stuff, that humanity actually does, isn't really human nature at all.

When in fact, that is exatly what human nature is. Human nature is exactly what we do, and how we are, collectively.

i suppose its cos we have changed tho, now we're supposed to be civilised and able to comprehend our actions on others more

Physically and mentality we are not perfect and that's why the world is always in a mess of some sort

For sure; humanity is very much 'arse about ****' (dysfunctional), but, what is 'perfect'?

Is there some blue-print hidden away within, which defines how we should be?

Is perfection a mere mental concoption? An imagined ideal?

There is something better than 'perfect' (but I can't tell you what it is, it has no name).

For sure; humanity is very much 'arse about ****' (dysfunctional), but, what is 'perfect'?

Is there some blue-print hidden away within, which defines how we should be?

Is perfection a mere mental concoption? An imagined ideal?

There is something better than 'perfect' (but I can't tell you what it is, it has no name).

We're just another animal species which happens to have a much bigger brain than the rest and because of that we have the power to think and reason far beyond the level of merely hunting for food and procreating.

With our brains we are capable of progressing to ever greater things or just doing plain evil so logically therefore we are not perfect beings

the question that needs answering first is... what is perfection? what would be the perfect being actually be like?

because without that definition, you will never reach perfection because you will always be able to find some "ah, but" or something that could be improved...

the question that needs answering first is... what is perfection? what would be the perfect being actually be like?

because without that definition, you will never reach perfection because you will always be able to find some "ah, but" or something that could be improved...

Indeed. Even, where does the idea of perfection come from? Would be a start..

yeah, then there's the whole "why should 'you/we/whoever' decide what perfection is?" etc.. only someone who is perfect in the first place would generally be accepted to define what perfect is because they won't get it wrong, because otherwise there will always be people arguing against the definition..

Archived