Is it now unlawful to protest the royal wedding?

If there is no law against it, why may you get arrested?

That is the whole point of this thread in a nutshell.

John X

Because regardless of whether there is such a law or not the police take an oath that they have to abide by.

“ I, ... of ... do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law.

Are we talking of people protesting against the wedding, or protesting at the wedding but about other stuff?

I don't understand the motivations for either tbh.

It's al muhajirouns latest incarnation (i think they are currently calling themselves muslims against crusades) wanting to make an arse of themselves yet again. It has sensibly not been allowed.

A wedding that the taxpay is funding that has six 'dictators' on the guestlist is ripe for protest. From Peter Tatchell's website;

"As a result of protests by human rights campaigners, Bahrain's royal autocrat is no longer attending the wedding. But seven other dictator monarchs are still on the guest list," noted Mr Tatchell.

"It is deplorable that the Queen is still inviting royal dictators from Saudi Arabia, Swaziland, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei and Abu Dhabi. All seven royal families preside over severe human rights abuses, such as detention without trial, torture, the denial of free speech, restrictions on press freedom and the violent suppression of peaceful protests.

"The invitations are a serious misjudgement by the monarch. They show the Queen is out of touch with the humanitarian values of most British people. She's putting royalty before human rights."

Indeed.

looking at that list Im surprised Mugabe aint invited

What better day to protest than the day itself?

The whole thing is a slap in the face to the poor and dispossessed so why can't the poor and dispossessed turn up on the day to let them know what they think of it.

John X

unfortunately for the best laid blueprint the Trotskyites could manage to come up with, the so-called 'poor and dispossessed' (though of course there is no such thing in the UK), turn out to be the ones least likely to demonstrate (most of any protestors will be closer to Prince William's social class than DE), and they will be the likeliest to watch it on television for the longest amount of minutes, if not quite the likeliest to hold street parties, though there will be plenty of street parties on council estates throughout Britain.

A wedding that the taxpay is funding that has six 'dictators' on the guestlist is ripe for protest. From Peter Tatchell's website;

"As a result of protests by human rights campaigners, Bahrain's royal autocrat is no longer attending the wedding. But seven other dictator monarchs are still on the guest list," noted Mr Tatchell.

"It is deplorable that the Queen is still inviting royal dictators from Saudi Arabia, Swaziland, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei and Abu Dhabi. All seven royal families preside over severe human rights abuses, such as detention without trial, torture, the denial of free speech, restrictions on press freedom and the violent suppression of peaceful protests.

"The invitations are a serious misjudgement by the monarch. They show the Queen is out of touch with the humanitarian values of most British people. She's putting royalty before human rights."

Indeed.

Apparently, on the BBC website a few weeks back, there are no foreign royal/state leaders apart from those from the commonwealth, as William is not the next in line to the throne - so his Dad had to have em at his wedding, but William doesn't... Not that it matters who someone I do not know or care about invites to their wedding... I do not know the guests either, although the Middleton side of the church will have a good proportion of working class people sat in it I would have thought... She may have had wealthy parents, but her parents didn't...

Archived