Dog attacks on kids, why's it always a Staffy?

I used to think the same (that staffs were dodgy) before I met Big George - A brick sh--house of a Staffy. I know they're not all bred for aggression tho they need good puppy training to nip any probs in the bud - as most dogs do. The dog you are most likely to get bitten by is a Border Collie. Ask me to prove it!

I used to think the same before I met Big George - A brick sh--house of a Staffy. I know they're not all bred for aggression tho they need good puppy training to nip any probs in the bud - as most dogs do.

Every individual line within the Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed may not currently be being bred for aggression but that initial breeding & its affects are still there for the entire breed.

Just as every individual line of Border Collies is no longer bred to herd sheep but the characteristics that initial breeding are still there.

The dog you are most likely to get bitten by is a Border Collie. Ask me to prove it!

Of course I'll will ask you to prove it.

In my (by definition narrow) personal experience small yappie type dogs are the most likely to bite, thing is those bites are rarely serious. Similarly some collies can have a tendency to nip especially if something or someone they're attempting to herd doesn't want to be herded, a nip however is not a full on attack and it's rather disingenuous to try and conflate the two.

Liar you followed up your pathetic "there was more than one type of dog there as well" excuse with:

"So you haven't found any link to a proper Stafford killing"

You were absolutely saying that that particular incident of Staffordshire Bull Terrier killing 'didn't count' and you know it.

Read it as you want but calling someone a liar and pathetic without actually proving so is pretty lame.

I don't give a toss what you think TBH. It is obvious you have every Staffy down as a devil dog just waiting to rip the throat out of every child it sees.

Read it as you want but calling someone a liar and pathetic without actually proving so is pretty lame.

But I did prove it. You declared that:

"So you [upinwath] haven't found any link to a proper Stafford killing"

In other words that the 3 examples of Stafford killings upinwath don't count. Immediately after seeking to exclude a case of a "Stafford killing" because another dog was involved.

If you weren't saying the examples upinwath found "don't count" then what did you mean when you said "you [upinwath] haven't found any link to a proper Stafford killing"?

I don't give a toss what you think TBH. It is obvious you have every Staffy down as a devil dog just waiting to rip the throat out of every child it sees.

This is a blatantly false straw man attack that you've clearly launched as you have no response to what I've actually posted.

All along I've been perfectly clear that I regard the inherent characteristics of the Staffordshire Bull Terriers breed as making them disproportionately likely to attack people and for such attacks to be rather more damaging than the average dog attack. That is a world away from "every Staffy... [is] a devil dog just waiting to rip the throat out of every child it sees."

The examples don't count because staffy owners are too bloody stupid to realise they're bringing a potential killer into their house.

I really don't see the logic in owning a pet that has been bred to be aggressive but expecting not to be.

It's stupidity of the worst kind.

The examples don't count because staffy owners are too bloody stupid to realise they're bringing a potential killer into their house.I really don't see the logic in owning a pet that has been bred to be aggressive but expecting not to be.

It's stupidity of the worst kind.

This is a huge generalization and renders any semi-intelligent point that you may have made a fluke.

This is a huge generalization and renders any semi-intelligent point that you may have made a fluke.

They were bred to be aggressive.

They are taken into homes by idiots who have children but should have required a licence to breed kids on the grounds they're really too stupid for words.

Of course most don't kill children but enough do to make it bloody daft to have one in your house. I've been attacked by a "Nanny" evil killing machine in Ecclesfield and it was a game for me to hold the beast back.

If I hadn't managed to grab it's heavy collar, I would have been badly bitten.

A kid hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell.

Yes it's a generalisation but the stupidity displayed by all owners is a fact.

Archived