Baby friendly venue in the city centre

My wife has just given birth to our first child and naturally, our friends & family want to meet her.

We would like to have a mass "meet the baby" session so that we don't have a constant stream of visitors during these all important first few weeks.

As people are travelling from far and wide, the city centre is an ideal place for us all to converge but we are struggling to think of anywhere suitable.

We are looking to meet on a Sunday and our baby will be 2 weeks old.

Obviously if the weather is nice, we'd like to sit outside and naturally if the weather is rubbish, we'd want to be able to take her inside.

We're not opposed to the venue being a pub/bar as guests might want to have an alcoholic drink.

Can anyone suggest a suitable venue?

Congrats on the new arrival.

Can't think of many city centre pubs with outdoor areas other than Walkabout, Old Monk or The Forum (I've probably missed loads!) - I think all of these could get quite busy/roudy on a sunny Sunday though so might not be the best environment for a 2 week old baby.

How about St Paul's hotel, next to the Wintergardens? They've got a nice bar/lounge area, plus an outside seating area for if the weather is good - and it's a nice part of town to show off to visitors!

Hi i appreciate we are not in the middle of town but we are child friendly already have mothers that use us.... we are on abbeydale road s7 1ta

no 557 ( e18teen-in) we have proper coffee and selection of teas and breakfast

we are open from 8am till around 6pm so please feel free to give us a go 1 weekend, also we have a boutique feel about us nice comfy chairs ect... so not as posh as st pauls but a lot cheaper.

if not us good luck on finding somewhere

p.s parking is free all day sunday around the shop

thanks

john and racheal

e18teen-in

Archived