Grrrr. Advice: Plagiarism

Yeah, there is a huge difference, but the problem is this was a very simple question that would of required perhaps one sentence to answer, however Karis has hidden behind this "anyone who questions me must be a troll!!!!!!!!!!" attitude which makes me question it even further.

On the other hand, as Lee said, this "friend" is just leading by example.

Actually, your 'marry him' comment and, well, you only have to look at your post history to see the plethora of flippant, sarcastic and other unnecessary comments.

I personally would not choose to judge another on an advice thread. However, its your life you're wasting...

Yeah, there is a huge difference, but the problem is this was a very simple question that would of required perhaps one sentence to answer, however Karis has hidden behind this "anyone who questions me must be a troll!!!!!!!!!!" attitude which makes me question it even further.

On the other hand, as Lee said, this "friend" is just leading by example.

True seems a straight forward question.

Jessica seems to have answered it better than Karis could be bothered to do. :)

Sad times though when you can't trust a friend reglardless of what Karis did with the review.

True seems a straight forward question.

Jessica seems to have answered it better than Karis could be bothered to do. :)

Sad times though when you can't trust a friend reglardless of what Karis did with the review.

Why the need to keep having a go at, Karis?

Actually, your 'marry him' comment and, well, you only have to look at your post history to see the plethora of flippant, sarcastic and other unnecessary comments.

I personally would not choose to judge another on an advice thread. However, its your life you're wasting...

I've no idea what relevance your first rant has, perhaps you should write more clearly.

I personally, don't judge people (although you may get offended, that's your choice), I was simply asking a question as to why you think it's not okay for one person to copy anothers work, and present as their own, but it's okay for another person to do a similar thing.

I'm standing, subject to any further information, on my belief that the friend probably didn't realise how much trouble Karis could get into because of what he did.

I've done what I thought were favours for friends before, only to find that the way I did them was in fact wholly inappropriate and borderline illegal, because of ignorance on my part. None of my friends have ever assumed that I was doing it that way in order to cause trouble, or because I knew it was wrong but didn't care.

What's this issue that I somehow did something wrong?

Are you people seriously judging an industry you know (clearly) nothing about? There is no wisdom in pre-judging something without all the facts.

To make the claim that I'm in some way doing something wrong or that there are double standards at work, I would at LEAST expect you to ask me a few more questions before damning me! LOL.

Do you really think all journalists write all their articles, or that they don't have any time off?

But irregardless of that, you've picked up what you THINK is a way of having a go at me when you are wrong. Not that that's ever stopped anyone online. It's all OK. This is the internet. Last week my comments about murder turned into a quote with me "saying" child murder was OK.

So keep on going :)

I'm standing, subject to any further information, on my belief that the friend probably didn't realise how much trouble Karis could get into because of what he did.

I've done what I thought were favours for friends before, only to find that the way I did them was in fact wholly inappropriate and borderline illegal, because of ignorance on my part. None of my friends have ever assumed that I was doing it that way in order to cause trouble, or because I knew it was wrong but didn't care.

Best reply yet.

So, give the person the benefit of doubt and move on.

Are you people seriously judging an industry you know (clearly) nothing about? There is no wisdom in pre-judging something without all the facts.

To make the claim that I'm in some way doing something wrong or that there are double standards at work, I would at LEAST expect you to ask me a few more questions before damning me! LOL.

Do you really think all journalists write all their articles, or that they don't have any time off?

But irregardless of that, you've picked up what you THINK is a way of having a go at me when you are wrong. Not that that's ever stopped anyone online. It's all OK. This is the internet. Last week my comments about murder turned into a quote with me "saying" child murder was OK.

We can only go on the information you supply and if we ask you any questions we automatically become trolls.

I agree, I know nothing about the industry, as I stupidly though journalists did their own writing, when infact, they just add their voice to some elses work.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Two people asked you the same question, you neglected to answer either of them, instead, calling us trolls.

Just for your information, you're not a journalist. I'm sure they do have time off, and i'm sure they do have people write articles for them, but do you think they then ask for advice on how to deal with a friend because an article they wanted to post as their own was actually already copied?

Archived