Grrrr. Advice: Plagiarism

The ones that are printed under their name, YES.

It's quite common to see bylines along the lines of 'So-and-So is on holiday this week', when articles are written by others.

Your employer has presumably employed you on the basis of your ability, not on the ability of your friend.

'Jeffery Bernard is unwell'...

You do realise that you can plagarise a friend don't you (in fact you can actually plagarise yourself!)

So the question you are asking is "Guys, I was planning to plagarise my friend but he plagarised someone else 1st. Would you be angry?"

It shocks me that you know just how serious plagarism is and yet you were willing to plagarise your friend. I hope your boss finds out.

I don't think you quite understand either what we are saying, or what you have said yourself.

From your OWN comments:

- You asked a friend to do a review.

- You edited the review to sound like it's in your own "voice"

- You later found out that the review was ripped from someone else.

So, you are doing the same as you friend, except, you want to be treated differently.

Not at all, the implication is that the friend was to grant the copyright !

I can understand the questions posed by the members here, I can see their viewpoint very well because the way you've written your post it's as if you're doing the same thing. I don't think it's a case of trolling.

on to your friend.. I would ask him if he realizes this is your career and that you've got certain rules to follow which means he can't be lying to to you like that, If it was me, I would take it as a lesson learned and move on but in future just be very wary of any help he tries to give you regarding this.

I can understand the questions posed by the members here, I can see their viewpoint very well because the way you've written your post it's as if you're doing the same thing. I don't think it's a case of trolling.

Hi there. All the trolling posts have been deleted by, I guess, the moderators...

Hi there. All the trolling posts have been deleted by, I guess, the moderators...

Maybe because they were reported, pun intended mu..muhaha.muhahahahaaa.

Anyway my advice to the op is as follows:-

1) inform your friend of their wrongdoing and how you feel about it.

2) help them to understand by directing them to this thread.

3) talk about it liberally to all your friends and direct them all here.

I figure now that you won't be asking friend A to do your work for you in future, friends B, C, D, E and F may need warning that if they don't your work correctly in the future they may be subject to the same treatment as friend A.

May I offer you this website to help you with the healing process.

http://www.aplacetoheal.com/betrayal.htm

I don't think you quite understand either what we are saying, or what you have said yourself.

From your OWN comments:

- You asked a friend to do a review.

- You edited the review to sound like it's in your own "voice"

- You later found out that the review was ripped from someone else.

So, you are doing the same as you friend, except, you want to be treated differently.

Hardly the same, given that the friend was specifically asked.

Doesn't sound like much of a friend anyway, trying to weasel out of it by saying that he'd never said it was his review. What does the title "My Review" mean then?

Archived