Grrrr. Advice: Plagiarism

Doesn't sound like much of a friend anyway, trying to weasel out of it by saying that he'd never said it was his review. What does the title "My Review" mean then?

In this case, it means "review supplied by me." The word "my" can refer to any number of different ways in which something is connected to me - it does not always imply ownership. I certainly don't own my home city, and I'd be very surprised if you owned yours. :hihi:

I wouldn't send someone a city and call it my city. My home city might be true, but it's not my city.

My review implies ownership IMO. If I give you something owned by someone else, I would never refer to it as 'my {thing in question}'.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I completely forgot every word would be picked apart on here.

What actually happened was, with certain reviews, I get comments from my friends or people I know who really know that genre. Which is what I did here. It's just a better way to get a more rounded review and happens a lot across all the magazines I've worked on over the years.

I certainly, in no way, submitted anything that wasn't my own work. I wasn't expecting a 'friend' to just copy words from the web as he couldn't be bothered to write up his own comments...

Thanks for all the replies guys. I completely forgot every word would be picked apart on here.

What actually happened was, with certain reviews, I get comments from my friends or people I know who really know that genre. Which is what I did here. It's just a better way to get a more rounded review and happens a lot across all the magazines I've worked on over the years.

I certainly, in no way, submitted anything that wasn't my own work. I wasn't expecting a 'friend' to just copy words from the web as he couldn't be bothered to write up his own comments...

To be fair though, that's not the impression you originally gave.

To be fair though, that's not the impression you originally gave.

To be fair, though, I was asking for advice NOT judgement! Which, a few people decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I'm sure it's a load of fun to criticise someone asking for advice...

Archived