Anyone drive into leeds for 9am ?

I have a few days work in Leeds coming up, are the all day car parks still open, (the ones before you get into the centre, before Bridgewater place, turn left after Halfords) I know they were planning on making them contract parking only.

Also to get to those car parks for 8.50 what time will I need to set off? (I join the motorway at j34) I did it before Christmas when there were roadwords so looking for a more recent estimate.

Cheers

:)

Depends how fast you drive. I've gotten it down to 30 mins to get to the centre of Leeds but it can take 45-50 mins at rush hours. The roadworks are all gone now, which was a problem for a while. I don't drive in the morning rush, only the evening one but I'm presuming there's the same amount of traffic.

I have a few days work in Leeds coming up, are the all day car parks still open, (the ones before you get into the centre, before Bridgewater place, turn left after Halfords) I know they were planning on making them contract parking only.

Also to get to those car parks for 8.50 what time will I need to set off? (I join the motorway at j34) I did it before Christmas when there were roadwords so looking for a more recent estimate.

Cheers

Save yourself hassle get train at meadowhall

Depends how fast you drive. I've gotten it down to 30 mins to get to the centre of Leeds but it can take 45-50 mins at rush hours. The roadworks are all gone now, which was a problem for a while. I don't drive in the morning rush, only the evening one but I'm presuming there's the same amount of traffic.

Thirty minutes? Where do you live? Our best time from Hillsborough to Chapel Allerton is 50 minutes.

Ah that'll explain it. It takes a while getting up Halifax Road and out through Grenoside.

Yeah, I remember when the roadworks were on for weeks and I kept getting diverted. I had to pass through hillsborough and grenoside and then Barnsley once. :roll:

Cheers for the replies, I got the train in the end as the office I was working in was not that far form the station. The train was OK if you like Diesel fumes, the train back was much better, the nice posh train with the annoying doors! The other day turned into half day, no way I am going to Leeds for 4 hours work, not unless they pay me big time!

For reference, the cheap all day car parks that the council tried to close seem to be operating still.

Archived