Andrew Marr, typical upper-class

Who really cares. The man made a mistake and he sought to protect his family as a result. Is it really in the public interest who sleeps with who?!
I don't imagine anyone really cares that he betrayed his wife with another woman, that's a situation for the three of them to deal with.

Don't you think it's more the hypocrisy of someone who makes a living out of pontificating about and prying into other people's lives and business seeking to protect himself from similar actions by his peers that doesn't sit right with people?

I don't imagine anyone really cares that he betrayed his wife with another woman, that's a situation for the three of them to deal with.

Don't you think it's more the hypocrisy of someone who makes a living out of pontificating about and prying into other people's lives and business seeking to protect himself from similar actions by his peers that doesn't sit right with people?

There is an element of hypocrisy, I don't think even Marr denies that.

My argument is, what right do we have to know what other people do in their private life?! What Mr Marr did had no bearing on the general public so why should it become public knowledge. I am not agreeing with what he did, but surely he has a right to protect his family from his failings.

My only problem with the so called super injunctions is that they are being abused as far as, they are being used to stop genuine public interest stories being published, and that is not right.

I don't agree. He might not agree with people being able to obtain superinjunctions, but as the law stands they are. So he has every right to work within the law.

I might not agree with, for example, Child Tax Credits (or whatever they're called), but it wouldn't make me a hypocrite to claim them. The law applies to all.

He would be a hypocrite if he were saying "Celebrities should not take out superinjunction even if they are allowed to", while he was doing it himself.

I don't agree .. I might not agree with, for example, Child Tax Credits (or whatever they're called), but it wouldn't make me a hypocrite to claim them.
You are, of course, free to disagree with anyone, at any time.

hy·poc·ri·sy (h-pkr-s)

n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2. An act or instance of such falseness.

If you profess not to hold with something and then take advantage of the very thing you don't agree with, that would be hypocrisy of the highest order!

You are, of course, free to disagree with anyone, at any time.

hy·poc·ri·sy (h-pkr-s)

n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2. An act or instance of such falseness.

If you profess not to hold with something and then take advantage of the very thing you don't agree with, that would be hypocrisy of the highest order!

Exactly. (To the definition, not your conclusion).

So, if he has said something like "I think it is wrong for private individuals to take out superinjunctions", then he is a hypocrite.

However, if he has only said something like "I don't think people should be allowed to take out superinjunctions", then he is not.

There is a difference.

Unless he has actually said something like "I think it is wrong for private individuals to take out superinjunctions", then there is nothing in the quoted definition that would make him a hypocrite.

Archived