Who is getting rich from our austerity measures !

there isn't a single rate for all bonds, the older bonds which date back to the napoleonic, first and second worlds wars are in the 2-4% range, current ones are something like 5%

So what is the interest payable back on out national debt ?

I bet my avatar what ever the figure is we can even keep up with the intrests payments !

Shall we call a mortage adivsor ? Try a different lender ? Restructure ? ( sarcasm !)

I bet my avatar what ever the figure is we can even keep up with the intrests payments !

Shall we call a mortage adivsor ? Try a different lender ? Restructure ? ( sarcasm !)

What on earth makes you think anyone else would want to have your avatar?

Is there something wrong with you?

as i pointed out, the interest rate on different bonds is different, if you can track down the figures for each bond issue then you can work it out.

the whole point of the austerity program is to ensure that we can make the interest payments and that the debt doesn't increase too much.

there isn't a proper mechanism by which sovereign debt can be restructured, that is one of the failings of the current system. it would be nice if such a mechanism came out of this mess.

as i pointed out, the interest rate on different bonds is different, if you can track down the figures for each bond issue then you can work it out.

the whole point of the austerity program is to ensure that we can make the interest payments and that the debt doesn't increase too much.

there isn't a proper mechanism by which sovereign debt can be restructured, that is one of the failings of the current system. it would be nice if such a mechanism came out of this mess.

The lowest figure out there is around 90 billion a year in interest payable !

But I'm sure it's double that ,

We can NOT make the interest payments !

Even with the austerity !

So who is getting rich of out interest payments ?

The number one failing of the system is that a sovereign nation such as the uk or USA must pay a private company interest for each dollar or £ it prints !

The number one failing of the system is that a sovereign nation such as the uk or USA must pay a private company interest for each dollar or £ it prints !

Just when I thought I'd heard you say the most crassly stupid thing ever....

The lowest figure out there is around 90 billion a year in interest payable !

But I'm sure it's double that ,

We can NOT make the interest payments !

Even with the austerity !

So who is getting rich of out interest payments ?

why are you sure its double?

that would be 180 billion, more than what you posted earlier.

the owners of the bonds are getting rich out of the interest payments, why else would they loan the government money?

why do you think we pay interest on every pound printed?

It's easy to put the blame for our current financial nightmare squarely on the shoulders of the government. The fact is that we can all do our bit to help the economy recover. Instead of hoarding our cash, we should be out there spending. There are billions of pounds out of circulation that should be put back in to give our economy much needed bouyancy.

Archived