Who is getting rich from our austerity measures !

Some pay tax, whilst some receive money from taxation but no one in the bottom 70% pays enough tax to pay for the services they receive. So they don’t pay anything towards the interest on the national debt. The interest on the debt is paid for out of taxation from the wealthiest people, the ones that contribute the most and use the least services.

Wealthy people pay the most tax; they pay for our schools, NHS, police everyone in the public sector, and most of the time they don't use these services because they go private and pay again for education, and health.

The product of their labour enriches those that are in the higher brackets does it not?

Can you provide a reference for your figures?

Your bond holding is negligible !

You are but a bacterium on a flea on the Mastiff that is the global bond market.

Agreed.

That does not, however, detract from the fact that my post rendered this generalised claim incorrect:

The bank of England prints the money then sells the bonds which are either brought by secret overseas buyers or which are purchased by the bank of England

How do you view the collective relevence of small investors like myself?

As an aside, I was mildy discomforted by the fact that your metaphoric analogy ...

but a bacterium on a flea on the Mastiff that is the global bond market.

... is uncannily similar to the way I describe the electron (compared to protons and neutrons) to my students.

Are you me?

Agreed.

That does not, however, detract from the fact that my post rendered this generalised claim incorrect:

As an aside, I was mildy discomforted by the fact that your metaphoric analogy ...

... is uncannily similar to the way I describe the electron (compared to protons and neutrons) to my students.

Are you me?

No you are me !

The many worlds interpretation ?

Some pay tax, whilst some receive money from taxation but no one in the bottom 70% pays enough tax to pay for the services they receive. So they don’t pay anything towards the interest on the national debt. The interest on the debt is paid for out of taxation from the wealthiest people, the ones that contribute the most and use the least services.

Wealthy people pay the most tax; they pay for our schools, NHS, police everyone in the public sector, and most of the time they don't use these services because they go private and pay again for education, and health.

A bum on the street purchasing a packet of cigs will contribute paying back our national debt ,

Yes of coarse the richer the person the more they will contribute ,

But paying for say the Nhs which is a service and paying back Interest on money Which should actualy be free for the government are two separate issues ,

I think you are confusing your self ,

We are talking about the Instant debt which is created every time the bank of England or the private federal reserve creates money out of thin air !

Agreed.

Are you me?

We are talking big bucks here , making maddoff look like small fish !

The fact is BoE and fed buy there own bonds also !

We are talking about the Instant debt which is created every time the bank of England or the private federal reserve creates money out of thin air !

no debt is created, you have yet to provide any justification for this wildly inaccurate statement

We are talking big bucks here , making maddoff look like small fish !

The fact is BoE and fed buy there own bonds also !

1. Please "speak" English.

2. Please respond, directly, to the posts you quote.

Cheers.

The product of their labour enriches those that are in the higher brackets does it not?

Can you provide a reference for your figures?

Yes it does but the man at the bottom would have no work or money without the man at the top, they both need each other, unless machines can do the work better than the man at the bottom.

I'll try and find a reference its something I read a while back.

Possibly.

Since, however, we're both in this world please answer my other question.

The institutional investors outweigh the collective small bond holders do they not, the small bond holders are effectively along for the ride.

I'd find it hard to influence a price on betfair, let alone the Bond Markets.

Archived