Who is getting rich from our austerity measures !

A bum on the street purchasing a packet of cigs will contribute paying back our national debt ,

Yes of coarse the richer the person the more they will contribute ,

But paying for say the Nhs which is a service and paying back Interest on money Which should actualy be free for the government are two separate issues ,

I think you are confusing your self ,

We are talking about the Instant debt which is created every time the bank of England or the private federal reserve creates money out of thin air !

How does a bum on the street that receives free health care, free money for food, booze and fags contribute to paying back our national debt?

The institutional investors outweigh the collective small bond holders do they not, the small bond holders are effectively along for the ride.

Agreed. Again.

So, how do you view the relevence of the institutional investors, whose holdings are transparent to all, compared to that of the "secret overseas buyers"?

How does a bum on the street that receives free health care, free money for food, booze and fags contribute to paying back our national debt?

By serving as excess labour thereby driving its cost down and enriching the users of the resulting cheap labour. Indirect but a contribution nonetheless.

lol, true unless he got a part time job to earn £5. for his cigs he wont...

you are right...

so your point is? only the hardworking , or the population with a job work off our national debt?

( debt slaves? )

the middle class are there to make the economy go round and round , carry on making the bankers richer and richer

our hard work generates taxes which is then used to pay of the interests to the banks..

the poor are there to scare and keep the middle class motivated? lol

Agreed. Again.

So, how do you view the relevence of the institutional investors, whose holdings are transparent to all, compared to that of the "secret overseas buyers"?

I don't know about 'Secret overseas buyers', if they exist they are by definition secret ;)

Bond markets like all markets and human enterprises are subject to manipulation are they not?

1. Please "speak" English.

2. Please respond, directly, to the posts you quote.

Cheers.

here:

BoE buys its own bonds: report says 50 bil thats at 200 bill now

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/4288754/Bank-of-England-to-buy-bonds-and-loans-in-first-step-towards-quantitative-easing.html

interests on uk debt:

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/8407361/Forget-cutting-the-deficit-interest-payment-on-Britains-debt-is-still-rising.html

UK & USA have always had National Debt ( thanks to BoE and Interest on our currency which can never be paid off for Obvious reasons )

"The Bank of England was founded in 1694, primarily to raise money for the war with France. Its founders were to provide the Government with a loan of £1,200,000 and the interest was to be £100,000 per year. In exchange the bank was to have a Royal Charter and the loan was not to be repaid before 1706."

http://www.banking-history.co.uk/history.html

( some one was claiming " NO the BoE did not lend money to British Kings to fight wars ")

I don't know about 'Secret overseas buyers', if they exist they are by definition secret ;)

Bond markets like all markets and human enterprises are subject to manipulation are they not?

Yes. They are.

Some may benefit from this; some may not.

None of this detracts from my simple point which was that truthlogic's simplistic claim with regard to the purchasers of government bonds was, like all his other claims, completely erroneous.

Yes. They are.

None of this detracts from my simple point which was that truthlogic's simplistic claim with regard to the purchasers of government bonds was, like all his other claims, completely erroneous.

Truthlogic is entitled to try to make his case like the rest of us, In my humble opinion he is trying to make sense of complex important matters, he would probably be better advised to take a 'harder' route and try to inform himself as to the subjects that interest him without resorting to some of the ready made pre-packaged and often unreliable material found on the net.

I find that the best way to challenge a left winger for example is to read articles from the Guardian, Counterpunch, Haaretz and left wing think tanks, writers like Chomsky and Pilger are invaluable.

Similar strategies can be adopted and adapted as and when needed depending on the target ;)

He should perhaps read some FT and Economist articles that his targets would find much harder to deal with.

Yes. They are.

sorry jack

what is it you fail too understand?

the murky world of bond markets?

or the greatest scam ever pulled "fractional reserve banking"

which like i said would make Bernard Madoff look like a petty pick pocket?

Truthlogic is entitled to try to make his case like the rest of us, In my humble opinion he is trying to make sense of complex important matters, he would probably be better advised to take a 'harder' route and try to inform himself as to the subjects that interest him without resorting to some of the ready made pre-packaged and often unreliable material found on the net.

[gentle snip].

Agreed, yet again.

He might also wish to direct himself toward some of the financial forums. I'd recommend fool.co.uk if he wishes to associate with seriously aware investors in government bonds.

Archived