What sort of hobby/sport would you want to share with a future partner?

I think it's obviously important to have some shared interests otherwise it's just all about the physical (and when that goes, all about the house and family.) I never want to be in one of those relationships you see where the couple sit silently on holiday and don't talk except, "ooh your peas look nice. Are your carrots warm?" or just live their life through their kids.

For me, it would be someone who had a love of music and going to see it live not just occasionally but regularly. It would also be good to meet someone who liked cats as I don't think it would be condusive to have cats and have someone who didn't like them. An interest in cinema would also be good too. These are things I do on my own if I have to as I love doing them but it's always better to do them with someone else, friend or partner.

However I also think it's important to have interests that you don't share. Obsessive interests can cause ructions - been there had that, but I don't expect any potential partner to understand my love of beauty products and spas and the fact that I can spend a good hour talking about perfume and mascara and the like. I think every man needs his "shed" whether that be the golfing green, gardening, gurning?, whatever- something I don't think is too weird but I only give a sideways glance to occasionally and wouldn't choose to do it myself.

I'd also be quite happy to find a man who loved gardening and decorating and maybe even cooking so I could just show my appreciation. :hihi:

Do you make a conscious effort to 'work' at your marriage, that is what people say when asked what keeps the chemistry in a marriage alive?

I think we both appreciate what we've got. My OH had a near miss with a heart problem years ago, but is pretty much OK now. We take time to remind ourselves that we are fortunate to have got this far! We have fairly decent health, our own home and our grown up children are doing fine. We have lovely grandchildren too. :love:

We share chores, and he does most of the cooking! ;) I'm retired and he's semi retired, life is good, so we're happy.

Archived