Best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield?

garsid01

The names mentioned by all the forumers are nice but depends on personal tasts. Most Chinese restaurants have adapted their recepies to British people's tast.

The one who cook the relatively more original Chinese style food is Chine Red, located in RockingHam Gate, city centre. You will not see many British people there.

It is my favourite---Si Chuan Style:love:. Very Very hot.:hihi:

I've heard that China Red is quite authentic but not for the squeamish, lots of spice and lots of offal.

We went to Dim Sum a few months ago and we we're the only British faces in the place.. Everyone else was of Asian descent. Same experiences when we've been eating at Yuen Shan and Jabu....

The food at Dim Sum was nice but their service = 0.

I was once aksed by the Maitre D if I was going to give her a tip or not.

How rude !

Tin Po Moor - or what used to be known by this name, near Baan Thai and Waitrose... Order off the 'chinese' menu, then you don't have to put up with the stuff they think westerners like... Loads of excellent Mandarin stews, stir fries with offal, just fantastic food that is really Chinese, not Canton...

You've got me interested with this. There are very few, if any, "authentic" Chinese restaurants in Sheffield. The only other one I know is Wong Ting on Matilda street. But even there they have a menu for Westerners - who know no different - and one that is in Chinese language for Chinese people with proper Mandarin dishes.

I think that's the nearest thing to real Chinese food I've tasted - but most people won't even know they have 2 different menus there.

Thanks for the tip.

The food at Dim Sum was nice but their service = 0.

I was once aksed by the Maitre D if I was going to give her a tip or not.

How rude !

We've only been there once, but the tip wasn't questioned. They we're quite polite. We also came in towards the end of the evening (around 10pm?) and weren't rushed out either. We actually left a bit more since we finished about midnight...

I've heard that China Red is quite authentic but not for the squeamish, lots of spice and lots of offal.

We went and found the place unfriendly and unwelcoming. Our impression was that it was because we aren't Chinese.

It's called Candytown, and it's possibly the worst Chinese I've ever had.

The Candytown is great. It's been there seemingly forever and it's always busy so they must be doing something right. It's proper old school Chinese food that was developed for western tastes, so it might not be the most authentic, but it's certainly tasty.

Archived