Howard hotel walkley

blue11265

Originally posted by poppins

it was right at the bottom of Provience rd, near a stone wall, just before the cobbled walk that led all the way to walkley bridge....... quite a walk to walk back up.

Wonder if that cobbled walks still there, led to a field then a row of terraced houses.

Stoney Walk? Yes, it's still there. Runs from Walkley Road just below the traffic lights straight down across Walkley Bank Road to the corner of Walkley Lane and Lonsdale Road

• 3 years later...
I've got several photo's of this Hotel,myGt Uncle Charles Strickland ran this until his death in the fifties.I think there are photo's on Picture Sheffield but they will be under Trams.Most of the photo's feature the pub in the background,the trams being the news item

I have looked in Picture Sheffield under Trams but the hotel is not in any of them. I live in Birkendale and would love to see any pics you have - have been researching the area.

Any chance?

it was right at the bottom of Provience rd, near a stone wall, just before the cobbled walk that led all the way to walkley bridge....... quite a walk to walk back up.

Wonder if that cobbled walks still there, led to a field then a row of terraced houses.

Do you mean the beer-off that was on Providence? I'm told their was a cobbled path from Providence along side this through to Walkley Crescent Rd opposite the pathway to StorrsHall rd.

Archived