Money is not worth a damn nowadays

What has happened to the value of money? when I was younger I can never remember being skint,now days I work like mad and earn loads of money but always seem to be skint,I can remember going out every night having a good drink buying some fish and chips on the way home and never thinking anything of it, now days I look at the price of things and I cant believe it, this weekend me and the misses went out for a drink and I was robed of £9 for a pint of beer and a glass of wine I nearly past out, if it wasn't for not wanting to embarrass the misses I would have told them were to shove it , no wonder all the pubs are shutting down no one can afford to go in them any more,am I getting old or is the world going crazy:help:.

What has happened to money? when I was younger I can never remember being skint,now days I work like mad and earn loads of money but always seem to be skint,I can remember going out every night having a good drink buying some fish and chips on the way home and never thinking anything of it, now days I look at the price of things and I cant believe it, this weekend me and the misses went out for a drink and I was robed of £9 for a pint of beer and a glass of wine I nearly past out, if it wasn't for not wanting to embarrass the misses I would have told them were to shove it , no wonder all the pubs are shutting down no one can afford to go in them any more,am I getting old or is the world going crazy:help:.

I agree 100%.

What has happened to the value of money? when I was younger I can never remember being skint,now days I work like mad and earn loads of money but always seem to be skint,I can remember going out every night having a good drink buying some fish and chips on the way home and never thinking anything of it, now days I look at the price of things and I cant believe it, this weekend me and the misses went out for a drink and I was robed of £9 for a pint of beer and a glass of wine I nearly past out, if it wasn't for not wanting to embarrass the misses I would have told them were to shove it , no wonder all the pubs are shutting down no one can afford to go in them any more,am I getting old or is the world going crazy:help:.

Another way of looking at that Tom, is that you were daft enough to actually pay it.

If I walk into a pub and don't like the look of it or the pricces, I just walk out.

The government doesn't want you drinking because of your health so we are told to believe. The truth is they don't want people drinking because some people get a bit rowdy and that will never do will it?

you go to the wrong boozers...our locals have beer for only £2 a pint....don't know about the wine though.....wasn't in leopold square was it...

100%

When I was a teen in the 1990s, we went out twice a week, had a kebab, apaid to go in the club and also could afford a taxi home.

If I go out now, I can afford about 4 drinks and its the bus home for me. Ironically, we went to Hot Pants in January - it was the first time I'd been to a club since 2000, and you could literally walk to be bar and get served straight away, the dancefloor was almost deserted............YET......apparently by todays standards, it was classed as busy.

In my day, it was literally 6 deep at the bar on a night out.

When you look at costs, its easy to see why, my car insurance actually doubled in 2011 from last year, I changed companys, yet the cheapest quote I could find was still 35% increase from last year.

Petrol prices, food etc.... coucil tax....these days, the tax man expects £400 and he says it like £400 is a bit of loose change you have in your back poscket.

Look at this this way, thank god you are not 18 years old now. Car insurance is £6000, wages are minumum wage and part time, the average home is around £165,000 ( you could get a cheap house at parson cross, but you likely to be living next to smackheads and wasters - not worth going to work for that ), kids these days need to have a degree to get a basic job.

YOu think we have it bad? thank god your not a teenager now

Archived