Money is not worth a damn nowadays

Yes, what's not right is that you are only considering car insurance and house prices.

Is that all you spend your money on?

How about you compare laptops instead, you'll then conclude that inflation was -75% or more over the last decade, since in 1995 a laptop would cost £1500 and today you can get a more powerful one for £300.

Yes that's true you have a valid point there, just look at the price of TVs and fridges I can remember TVs were very expensive every body rented them they were to costly for the average worker to buy, they broke down every weekend or something,you can go to asda now and buy a flat screen TV for less than £200 ,amazing when you think a PYE colour TV cost a years wages back then,its strange how some thing have come down in price .

Petrol, 55p a litre in 1995

Petrol, £1.36 a litre in 2010

Its the things you can't avoid that are going up.

I dunno, how many of us here have a 40"+ TV today. Check out what that would have cost you in 1995!

Sure, it may be optional, but I bet that 75% of us have one.

Yes that's true you have a valid point there, just look at the price of TVs and fridges I can remember TVs were very expensive every body rented them they were to costly for the average worker to buy, they broke down every weekend or something,you can go to asda now and buy a flat screen TV for less than £200 ,amazing when you think a PYE colour TV cost a years wages back then,its strange how some thing have come down in price .

Holidays and flights came down as well with the advent of the budget airline, which is also in the space of the last 15 years I think.

There are probably comparators online which would show the different %'s spent on different categories of goods now and 15 years ago.

% Fuel/Transport

% Car (purchase, maintenance, insurance, etc...)

% Food

% Gas/Electricity

% Beer (I think it's cheaper today than it was in the 60's for example after adjusting)

% Holiday

% White Goods

% Home Entertainment

and so on. Could be quite interesting!

What has happened to the value of money? when I was younger I can never remember being skint,now days I work like mad and earn loads of money but always seem to be skint,I can remember going out every night having a good drink buying some fish and chips on the way home and never thinking anything of it, now days I look at the price of things and I cant believe it, this weekend me and the misses went out for a drink and I was robed of £9 for a pint of beer and a glass of wine I nearly past out, if it wasn't for not wanting to embarrass the misses I would have told them were to shove it , no wonder all the pubs are shutting down no one can afford to go in them any more,am I getting old or is the world going crazy:help:.

Are you ready for the dollar to collapse ?

Our paper currency is due to be worth less than the paper it is printed on with in the next 2 years or so ,

More money is created by the bank of England to pay off our national debt , this has been the case for hundreds of years ,

Our national debt is primary composed of interest we owe on the money which is create for us ,

Fractional reserve banking is the biggest con ever to take place on this planet

The price has come down thanks largely to far eastern "slave/ cheap " labour

Have we ever stopped to think?

Not really, it's come down in a large part due to mass production, economies of scale and increasing efficiency in the way things are produced.

Labour costs is the primary reason why consumer goods are made abroad , were labour is cheaper ( not that they are more efficent or can produce

On a bigger scale )

Come on cyclone I don't need to argue that now do I ?

Archived