Money is not worth a damn nowadays

Anyone complaining that the cost of living is too high is either unemployed or not working hard enough. Plain and simple.

where's your mate fish face gone? If your talking about me I'm not unemployed I'm self employed and I work very hard.

How about you compare laptops instead, you'll then conclude that inflation was -75% or more over the last decade, since in 1995 a laptop would cost £1500 and today you can get a more powerful one for £300.

As others have said laptops, TV's and other "luxuries" may have come down in relative terms but if your basic living costs are substantially higher that laptop could be £30 and unaffordable whereas in 1995 it might have been a huge purchase but still manageable due to a larger portion of income being available for such treats. Being a cynic i bet if it was possible for manufactures of non-essential "toys" to charge more they would but their not stupid and must realise people have less money these days and its better to settle for a reduced profit sale rather than none at all.

**edit**

Just realised that sounded a bit argumentaive and wasnt intended that way at all - was just trying to get my opinion across that it seems everyday things are going up and leaving nothing to spend on anything else regardless of how much "better value for money" they may be compared to x years ago.

People kept telling me that the Euro zone generally was expensive, but I went to Mallorca in October, and Lanzarote in December and never paid more than 3 Euro a pint, usually 2 Euro.

You definitely need treatment!!!:D

Labour costs is the primary reason why consumer goods are made abroad , were labour is cheaper ( not that they are more efficent or can produce

On a bigger scale )

Come on cyclone I don't need to argue that now do I ?

Depends on whether you want to check the cost of labour in Taiwan and Japan...

Another way of looking at that Tom, is that you were daft enough to actually pay it.

If I walk into a pub and don't like the look of it or the pricces, I just walk out.

Went into Crucible Corner on Saturday, as Old Monk was packed. £3.70 a pint I think it is in there :gag: I left immediately!

Archived