Who remembers the Hoffbrauhaus

• 3 years later...
I worked on The Moor until 1987 and that sounds about right. There are other threads for the Hofbrauhaus.

Yes, I remember that place in the mid seventies, the dancing on tables and the beer in steins. There was one before that the Bier Kellar, ,did that become Crazy Daizy, or am I confused here?

Ah thank you, my pal was right then , i thought it was very early eighties , sheffield town was always up there with the best, in my fifties now & still going into town & loving it !

You are right mate, it was, I went there late 70's sometimes, for lunch with other lads from Granville College. I went when it was a music venue called Dingwalls, after it was Hoffbrauhaus, and that was 1983.

---------- Post added 01-08-2015 at 18:10 ----------

Here you go, just found this, from April 1983, I suspect Hoffbrau closed 1982

http://www.nickrobinson.info/clients/sma/?p=130

My parents when courting often went to Hoffbrauhaus in the late 1970s. They seem to remember the German band and dancing on the tables! Iv seen photos of the inside looked interesting. My parents stop going about 1980ish it was still trading then.

Yes, I remember that place in the mid seventies, the dancing on tables and the beer in steins. There was one before that the Bier Kellar, ,did that become Crazy Daizy, or am I confused here?

There were two. The Hofbräuhaus behind the Moor, (forgotten the name of the road or gate) and the Lowenbrau which was on High Street and was previously Crazy Daisy or became Crazy Daisy

There were two. The Hofbräuhaus behind the Moor, (forgotten the name of the road or gate) and the Lowenbrau which was on High Street and was previously Crazy Daisy or became Crazy Daisy

arundel gate, just in front of it was the underpass,and just round the corner was redgate,s toyshop the last time i pastt it it was all black painted.