Glastonbury 2011

scottf

Wombles rock Scott:D

I would go and see Keane if I went - I love that band and the lead singer isnt that bad either ;):D

Have a fab time all of you - hope it doesnt pee it down - but then again you guys might like that......do they do hotels on the site ? :D:hihi:

Hi chaps! Work plans have changed and am being forced to work the Thursday now, so am missing out on the car-share with friends Wednesday morning. Is there ANY chance someone has a space in their car for one lass please? Will be free to travel from around 4:30pm+ after work Thursday now. Thank yoooooou x

Oh deary me!!! lol :) :)

Apart from 3 or 4 acts im not hugely bothered about seeing anyone in particular so that means i can wander for 3 days - thats the best way :)

thats what i used to do

id have the hardcore few acts i couldnt miss such as leftfield, daft punk and faithless then id wander and stumble on small hippy stages with interesting folk or dub reggae bands playing unannounced...........or even bigger cult bands such as ozric tentacles and the cardiacs

Sorry chuck were leaving at 3am on Thursday morning!

Get logged onto the glastonbury website, there is details on there that might help regarding a car share.

Ooh cripes, that's an early start!! :S Heh.

Aye, have already joined that site in the hopes someone might be able to deliver me. Single train fare is looking to be £88 :( Tragic. I hate my boss....

Ooh cripes, that's an early start!! :S Heh.

Aye, have already joined that site in the hopes someone might be able to deliver me. Single train fare is looking to be £88 :( Tragic. I hate my boss....

Yeah, its going to be a long day but we need to get a good spot or we will be at the bottom of a hill.

£88, thats a lot of money!! I presume you have joined both of these-

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/car-share

Why don't you go on the bus??

http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/destinations/events/musicfestivals/Glastonbury.aspx?utm_source=Redirect&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=Emotional&utm_content=Product+Page&utm_campaign=Glastobury+music+festival

Me and my wife go, and I'm 49, she's 51! Having said that, couldn't get tickets this year, or last year, and in fact the last one we were at was 2004! So maybe it's wrong to say "we go", as we haven't been. Still, we've registered for 2013 tickets! Keep trying.

I hardly ever bother with the main stages; it's the unexpected that makes Glasto great and always has, and finding some great folk act or some kora player from Mali, or a fantastic dj in one of the late night venues is usually the sort of highlight we bring away..

Never been to Glastonbury (teacher's don't get to go:() but if I was going, I'd be off to see Tame Impala they are playing twice. I'd top that up with The Bees, The Coral, Queens of the Stone Age, Chemical Bros and a bit of Paolo for the eye candy. Everything else would just stumble upon.

I'll be watching on't telly. :)

Archived