Budget Wedding Help

Venue's aren't always expensive.

I'm getting married in Scotland. We are getting married out on the lawn of a country house hotel in the middle of the forest and 10 minutes from the beach. I'm having the whole day and evening in the hotel. It's only costing me £14.50 per head (this is for a full sunday roast with a choice of 3 meats). They charge no venue hire and no costs for the ceremony. I am bringing my own wine for the toast and that is £6.50 per bottle corkage. I am having 100 guests and have managed to do it all for under £3000.

The point that I'm trying to make is, maybe you could look out of Sheffield for cheaper venues??

Hi rachvog long time no see I hope you're well, did you ever manage to sort your photographer out?

Hi Twoflags!

I'm good thanks. Only 4 weeks till the big day! I had a photographer arranged from up in Scotland. However, he just cancelled on me last week! So No i haven't got one and i do need to sort something out really. I'm up in Scotland this weekend on a wedding planning mission and whilst my OH is on his stag do. So by Monday, everything will be sorted... hopefully. :help:

I'm not saying she should have a venue, i'm just saying that not all venues are expensive.

fair enough

I am amazed you have managed to do a venue wedding for 100 guests on a budget for £3000.

Even the venues 'budget' weddings I looked at came out at £3000 just for the venue and food, so to do your whole wedding on £3000 is incredible.

We have come in at £4500 for everything and no way I could have done that any cheaper without either cutting number of guests or having a completely different type of wedding (ie had self-catered a buffet meal in a hall, which there is nothing wrong with at all, just wasnt what i wanted)

Archived