Tax Credit Advice anyone?

Can anyone help with this?

I am filling in the Tax Credit forms to report a 'Change in Circumstance' - my partner is moving in with me. He is letting out his flat but is not making a profit. Basically, the rent covers the mortgage on it.

On the form, it asks for 'Income from Property' but doesn't define what this is.

Do we have to put this on the form as an income even though no profit is being made?

Help anyone?

I suspect it means what it says, "Income from property" its of no concern to the taxman what you do with the brass, he just wants to know what you receive - GROSS ammount.

We have just had a similar issue.

Regards

Angel.

Do you mean net? ie, after you've paid your expenses? Because that's your true income from it.

Do you mean net? ie, after you've paid your expenses? Because that's your true income from it.

Nah, income is income, tax man wants to know the full ammount not what's left after you have paid bills, etc etc. The one we dealt with did anyway.

Regards

Angel.

Archived