£243k back massage!

• 4 weeks later...

You also have to remember that if Leeds CC dont pay for preventative health care then, YOU as the taxpayer will fund it anyway but through the NHS instead, which will ultimately cost you more money. When you are treated in hospital it has usually reached a serious stage by then! You cant get out of paying for each others health care which ever way you look at it. I happen to run a company that provides healthcare for the corporate sector and I was one of the practitioners that delivered this healthcare to LCC. It was much needed and much appreciated by people and was not considered a luxury but a necessity in most individual cases.

I doubt it was just one massage at that price. :hihi:

If it was that much for a massage I would look in the personals of the Star and stop visiting that particular parlour.

Oh the extras I would want for that sort of money.:hihi:

I assume the £240k included extras

You can get a massage for about £25, so I assume each and every extra need was met for this money

Mmm, I saw a bloke with an LCC jacket going in Caesar's the other day..:suspect:

Before some wag says, "were you on your way out" No I wasn't...:D

It's hard to know if that is crass, without knowing who qualified for back massages on what grounds. People who develop back pain as an occupational hazard, will have treatment paid for by work; and massages could be both cheaper and more effective than prescription drugs, in a lot of cases.

The above is very true.

I once knew a lady (briefly) who had worked for British gas her whole life, she let me sit in her chair for an hour, best(most comfortable I mean) hour I ever spent there.

Turned out the chair cost £2000 and she was so weak in the wrist she could only ever have 1/2 a cup of tea from 50 odd years of typing.

She needed massages due to the bad posture created by working at a (now obviously) badly designed 'workstation' she was a frail as you could imagine and without a doubt the most knowledgeable person in there.

So some people do deserve it.

edit to add,

The memory of her and the way she dealt with all types of customers is the only real reason I put up with british gas and all of their associated ballaches thesedays is because of the fact that they 'did right' by her.

When the could have easily used the excuse of,

"Well we didn't know any better back then in the fifties so why should we make up for it now..'

It gives me hope they still at least hold that sort of concern and respect for their current long standing and hard done by employees.

Guest sibon
Mmm, I saw a bloke with an LCC jacket going in Caesar's the other day..:suspect:

Before some wag says, "were you on your way out" No I wasn't...:D

Were you on your way in? :)

Archived