Convenience Store Has Minimum Amount For Card Transaction

Hmmm. I thought that my previous post might strike a chord being as you claim to be so obsessed with wealth. Do you run a business or is this "Daddy's money" that you are spending?.

A bit of both I suppose.:)

"Where you are today" is posting on SF 10-12 hours a day? That's quite an achievement.

Not really, I tried posting for 24hours once but kept nodding off.:)

The members of society that can actually draw cash off debit cards, rather than those who can only live on credit. It's the crunch you know!

So they say, who am I to argue? Another reason for not having cash about your person don't you think?

You must have a lot of bad ass muggers in Dore then, I would suggest moving to a more safer area of the city. One where cash is not such a rare commodity.

You must have a lot of bad ass muggers in Dore then, I would suggest moving to a more safer area of the city. One where cash is not such a rare commodity.

Dore is very safe, we pay to have special constables checking the area on a regular basis while we are asleep. As I said in the OP, I was out and about when I stumbled upon this den of thieves. I will not name the shop as it is against SF rules.

I grew up in Attercliffe and Pitsmoor. Never got mugged once.

You must be doing something wrong Mr. Ofstrad. Perhaps you should leave your monocle and top hat at home, if all you are doing is trying to buy a snack.

Dore is very safe, we pay to have special constables checking the area on a regular basis while we are asleep. As I said in the OP, I was out and about when I stumbled upon this den of thieves. I will not name the shop as it is against SF rules.

You can only afford the special constables? Here at Darnall, we have the real thing free of charge and the helicopter patrolling regular.

As for the original question, yes it does cost the retailer a lot on a small sale. Local independent stores have to maintain a margin to survive, it's plain business sense.

If most of your customers pay by cash, your prices can be competitive with the nationals, as you do not have to include an extra charge required by the card payment system.

Archived