The coming Great World War (WWIII)

It may well be a negligible distance but can any country really wage a war without coming in a 100-200 mile range of an enemy.

"The US Navy's only plausible defense against a robust weapon like the Sunburn missile is to detect the enemy's approach well ahead of time, whether destroyers, subs, or fighter-bombers, and defeat them before they can get in range and launch their deadly cargo. For this purpose US AWACs radar planes assigned to each naval battle group are kept aloft on a rotating schedule. The planes "see" everything within two hundred miles of the fleet, and are complemented with intelligence from orbiting satellites."

"The Sunburn's amazing accuracy was demonstrated not long ago in a live test staged at sea by the Chinese and observed by US spy planes. Not only did the Sunburn missile destroy the dummy target ship, it scored a perfect bull's eye, hitting the crosshairs of a large "X" mounted on the ship's bridge. The only word that does it justice, awesome, has become a cliché, hackneyed from hyperbolic excess."

I think a lot of people just underestimate Iran`s capabilities(not the Americans obviously).You get the media talking and everyone assumes the good old US of A will go in and take care of it.

Iran has a standing army of 600000 troops with 1.8 million reservists.They have the latest air defenses(Latest Russian anyway!) and thousands of french built exocet cruise missiles(this was from a few years ago too).By no means am i saying they would win anything but it will be nothing like Iraq.

In the very unlikely event that Iran did get attacked then what position would that put China in with China having no oil of their own and Iran being a major exporter to them.

By no means am i saying they would win anything but it will be nothing like Iraq.

In the very unlikely event that Iran did get attacked then what position would that put China in with China having no oil of their own and Iran being a major exporter to them.

Meanwhile, in another thread not so long ago,

Iran is looking an ever-likelier candidate, as it'll take more than whatever was thrown at Iraq and Afghanistan put together. Even if the conflict is somehow successfully compartmented to just that country, and the whole region doesn't go up. Which I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on. Not when China needs so much primary resources that happen to come out of Iran's ground in plentiful amounts.
;)

Looks like us armchair strategists have it all figured out already, so why can't they... :D

Meanwhile, in another thread not so long ago,

;)

Looks like us armchair strategists have it all figured out already, so why can't they... :D

The real scary thing is that GCHQ in cheltenham and the NSA in Maryland will have already tagged my post for later reading because of the tag words it will be looking for,like "Iran" "Israel" and "missile"in one post:confused:.

"This is a combined project referred to as “Echelon” (or The Echelon Network – sometimes called “The Five Eyes.”) involving the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, with listening posts that span the globe. Every phone call, e-mail, text message, wire, fax, instant message, computer, and even satellite phone calls is/are intercepted 24-hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year. Listening posts are located in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Cyprus, Hungary, Pakistan, India, Oman, Kenya, and, yes, in Israel. And – there may well be others, and there probably are."

The real scary thing is that GCHQ in cheltenham and the NSA in Maryland will have already tagged my post for later reading because of the tag words it will be looking for,like "Iran" "Israel" and "missile"in one post:confused:.

"This is a combined project referred to as “Echelon” (or The Echelon Network – sometimes called “The Five Eyes.”) involving the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, with listening posts that span the globe. Every phone call, e-mail, text message, wire, fax, instant message, computer, and even satellite phone calls is/are intercepted 24-hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year. Listening posts are located in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Cyprus, Hungary, Pakistan, India, Oman, Kenya, and, yes, in Israel. And – there may well be others, and there probably are."

Are there any other organisations who do things like this other than us? Are their reasons the same as ours, better or worse?

Best put that tinfoil hat on then, hadn't you? :D

This thread is a magnet for the crackpot conspiracy theorists.

Are there any other organisations who do things like this other than us? Are their reasons the same as ours, better or worse?

I imagine every country that has a secret service listens in on its citizens looking for tag words and such.It just gets tagged and someone reads it later probably making sure there is nothing sinister there(Like its not a religious hate rant).I don`t disagree with it,keeps the country relatively safer.

At least we are not in North Korea.They are banning their people from even returning home(who have been in the middle east) for fear of spreading "news"of the arab spring and fermenting a revolution.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-koreans-stranded-in-libya-after-ban-on-return-6255857.html

I imagine every country that has a secret service listens in on its citizens looking for tag words and such.It just gets tagged and someone reads it later probably making sure there is nothing sinister there(Like its not a religious hate rant).I don`t disagree with it,keeps the country relatively safer.

At least we are not in North Korea.They are banning their people from even returning home(who have been in the middle east) for fear of spreading "news"of the arab spring and fermenting a revolution.

Silly enough there are many in this country who would like to see a communist state and that will eventually collapse or turn into fascist North Korea, but in the beginning it sounds ideal...

Best put that tinfoil hat on then, hadn't you? :D

This thread is a magnet for the crackpot conspiracy theorists.

What`s conspiracy theory about it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/503224.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/may/29/qanda.janeperrone

If thats from 12 years ago imagine how far its come on.

In all seriousness it`s been known about for a while.Nothing new or "conspiracy"about it.:hihi:

Archived