Terribly painful cramp, quickest relief. ?

I suffer these due to a martial arts injury, it's why i've been on here all night as i can't sleep.

I know how to stretch them out etc so i'm not hopping around screaming, but i do tend to suffer for a couple of days after each bout.

Anyone have any ideas on how to recover quickly. ?

I tend to go for a ride on my MTB, which helps, plus neck prescribed dihydocodeine, but i hate using them as they just blank the pain, not cure it.

It's in my right calf.

Any suggestions. ?

Is it anything like Lactic acidosis eat lots of red meat protein.

if its not that if it feels like your veins are being twisted plus cramp

take Calcium and Magnesium pills in the mean time till the shops open put your foot on something cold... i.e outside and turn your big toe up.. Hope it helps kiddo

Ann aka rent a gran

Is it anything like Lactic acidosis eat lots of red meat protein.

if its not that if it feels like your veins are being twisted plus cramp

take Calcium and Magnesium pills in the mean time till the shops open put your foot on something cold... i.e outside and turn your big toe up.. Hope it helps kiddo

Ann aka rent a gran

The injury occurred when i was 21, i'm 41 now, so have tried most things.

My diet is quite good plus being a hiker i understand hydration, i've done lots of multi day walks.

i do all i can in prevention terms, it's just getting over the aftermath of an "attack", nothing seems to speed recovery up.

I suffer these due to a martial arts injury, it's why i've been on here all night as i can't sleep.

I know how to stretch them out etc so i'm not hopping around screaming, but i do tend to suffer for a couple of days after each bout.

Anyone have any ideas on how to recover quickly. ?

I tend to go for a ride on my MTB, which helps, plus neck prescribed dihydocodeine, but i hate using them as they just blank the pain, not cure it.

It's in my right calf.

Any suggestions. ?

You are Hugh Laurie and I claim my £5.00!

Seriously though, perhaps you do need to see whether there is a blood flow problem in your right calf and whether it can be repaired.

Archived