Parking tickets at Ladybower Reservior

Cars were not obstructing the carriageway at all, they were parked on the grass, completely off the road, my point is, they were not official traffic wardens..?

Rules is rules.

I once asked a traffic warden what would happen if I parked here. Quite rightly (though mildly irritatingly at the time) she told me she'd give me a ticket. Even though the road marking had been rendered pointless, it still had to be obeyed.

More opportunity for interpretation leads to more opportunity for abuse.

They had green trim on their hats. Which to me indicates some kind of ranger/warden, thus not having any legal authority..

I'm not familiar with the warden's uniform, I've never really noticed them. What colour trim do they have on their hats out of interest?

I had a quick google, and saw various versions of uniforms, including some which could have been a dark green. It seems to vary round the country.

A solid white line at the road side means "No Parking" - doesn't have to be double yellows.

OP: "Didn't do anything wrong" - would that count when an accident is caused by people having to cross the road between parked cars thus with reduced visibility?

Nowhere in the highway code does it say a solid white line means No Parking, what it does say about a solid white line is (qoute) edge line, basically to inform you where the road surface ends and the grass verge starts.

I was there at the weekend and was glad they were ticketing people, all the cars I saw with tickets deserved them. Selfish idiots, destroying the verges and abandoning cars all over the place. Some idiot had even pulled up onto the verge and parked behind the bus stop and half way down the main Fairholms road! Puplic road so I imagine the tickets are the real think and not some dodgy parking company.

Nowhere in the highway code does it say a solid white line means No Parking, what it does say about a solid white line is (qoute) edge line, basically to inform you where the road surface ends and the grass verge starts.

That would indeed appear to be the case. I was quoting from a sign (again in Derbyshire) stating that it was an offence to park on a solid white line - I would give you a street view link but there's a car parked in front of it!!

However that isn't as relevant here - I assumed the OP meant by Ladybower on the A57, rather than down the road towards Fairholmes - in which case I agree with anyone who says "good" about the tickets - I love it out there and don't want to see accidents due to cars blocking the pavements, churned up mud and tyre tracks everywhere etc

I don't know why some drivers insist that they have a given right to dump their vehicle wherever they like. Those who do are probably of the mindset to grumble about "all the traffic parked there" without realising the irony

I'm not familiar with the warden's uniform, I've never really noticed them. What colour trim do they have on their hats out of interest?

GREEN

I had a quick google, and saw various versions of uniforms, including some which could have been a dark green. It seems to vary round the country.

That would indeed appear to be the case. I was quoting from a sign (again in Derbyshire) stating that it was an offence to park on a solid white line - I would give you a street view link but there's a car parked in front of it!!

However that isn't as relevant here - I assumed the OP meant by Ladybower on the A57, rather than down the road towards Fairholmes - in which case I agree with anyone who says "good" about the tickets - I love it out there and don't want to see accidents due to cars blocking the pavements, churned up mud and tyre tracks everywhere etc

I don't know why some drivers insist that they have a given right to dump their vehicle wherever they like. Those who do are probably of the mindset to grumble about "all the traffic parked there" without realising the irony

It was not the A57, but on the lane by the side of ladybower dam..