WARNING - Lloyds TSB - Account reactivation

Just to warn everyone, beware of emails from your bank - THEY DO NOT SEND YOU EMAILS, especially asking for your details!!!

I have received an email supposedly from Lloyds TSB with an attached form to be filled in and returned.

The email informs me that my account has been temporarily deactivated due to possible unauthorized access and asks me to confirm that my card has not been stolen. The attached form, I assume as I have not opened it, will ask for my bank details and other personal information.

I had already identified this as a scam, especially as I do not bank with Lloyds TSB.

DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY ANY SUCH EMAIL, BIN IT STRAIGHT AWAY!!

Dear Taxpayer,

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have discovered that

you are eligible to receive a tax refund of Ј377.55. Kindly complete the tax refund

request and allow 2-3 working days to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid

records or applying after the deadline. To access the form for your tax refund,

please Click here: <URL REMOVED FOR SAFTEY>

Note: For security reasons, we will record your ip-address, the date and time.

Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and persecuted.

Thank You.

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)

Dear HSBC UK Valued Client,

We recently notices one or more attempts to log in your HSBC Bank account from a foreign IP address and

we have reason to believe that your account was tampered by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while travelling, the unusual log in attempts may have initiated by you.

However if you are the rightful holder of the account please click on the LINK below and verify your account information

Click on Re-Upgrade My Online Banking Access.

Failure to verify your information will lead to the temporary suspension of your account online for security reasons

Regards

HSBC Bank UK.

Just a couple of the few hundred that show up on my system every week

There are loads of these scams around.

You have to be a bit dim to get caught out.

i dont think people are dim but ones who get caught out are more likly vulnerable or not computor savvy again vulnerable. Please dont assume that people are dim just becasue they are not internet and computor savvy.

This is nothing new,Get yourself a decent email client that filters them as junk,simple...

I get them all the time from natwest,but it doesn't take long to work out its a scam,since im not with them and its sat in my junk folder lol.

Guess what I just found in my JUNK folder...

Lloyds TSB - Account reactivation form,

Because of possible unauthorized access, we have temporarily

deactivated your account.

To remove the suspension, please confirm that your card was not

stolen.

To do this, please download and complete the attached html form.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but your security is our top

priority.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service

Copyright © 2010 Lloyds TSB

--Forwarded Message Attachment--

So I filled in the form and sent it back lolol.

i get them frequently, always from banks i dont have an account with

with the paypal ones, i log into my account from another window and simply check with them, none have been real so far, they usually ask me to foward them the email so they can try and track the sender

Archived