WARNING - Lloyds TSB - Account reactivation

i dont think people are dim but ones who get caught out are more likly vulnerable or not computor savvy again vulnerable. Please dont assume that people are dim just becasue they are not internet and computor savvy.

If that's the case, should they have access to a computer, and should they be doing their banking on it?

Sometimes I think PCs should have never left the office domain and people should stick to Spectrums and Commodore 64s!

i dont think people are dim but ones who get caught out are more likly vulnerable or not computor savvy again vulnerable. Please dont assume that people are dim just becasue they are not internet and computor savvy.

Yer - course. :loopy:

Come on; you have to be a bit dim to fall for those things.

If that's the case, should they have access to a computer, and should they be doing their banking on it?

Sometimes I think PCs should have never left the office domain and people should stick to Spectrums and Commodore 64s!

Of course. There has been a whole government sponsored advertising campaign to get 'oldies' online, and many services are now only available online.

If online services are not secure if people are a little 'dim' then they shouldn't be online, or at the very least they shouldn't be only available online.

To argue otherwise seems a touch arrogant to me.

That argument doesn't cut it anymore.

If you are smart enough to read an email, you are smart enough to realise when you are being sent a phishing email.

Would you respond to a postal request with scant details about you, i.e "Dear Lloyds TSB customer, please give me all the details I need to empty your bank account"

These scams have been going round for years, before email via fax machines, and i'm sure other methods before that.

Get yourself a decent email client that filters them as junk,simple...

But not AOL!

I have been clicking 'Spam' on Irish Ferries adverts I have been getting for EIGHT years and they still keep letting them through!

What exactly is the point of marking something as spam if your e-mail provider is going to keep on letting them through?

John X

I have been into Lloyds this morning to pay in a cheque for a susbstantial amount to be asked by the cashier, how long that money intends to be in my current account? I said not long as it is for a car deposit, however, I didnt even like giving that info. The cashier went onto say, that with there being so much fraud around they dont advise keeping large amounts of money in your account! Unbelievable. Perhaps I will keep it under my mattress from now on then.

Archived