Pakistan allows transgenders to be a gender

I'm sure there are many women that would be uncomfortable if they found out that they had been naked sharing a public shower with a man (who has chosen to have the appearance of a woman).

thats not quite how it works, they don't choose to look like a woman, they are a woman, they don't think of themselves as men at all

But surely if the do a full medical test regarding gendre won't they show up as women or men depending on what they were born as.

Didn't they use these tests when the Iron curtain countries were using what were suspected as men women in major athletic events and suddenly some top soviet female athletes dissappeared?

you're confusing the issues here, B.

No.

I don't want to make presumptions about who you meant, it'd be better if you identified them.. don't you think?

sigh, you know exactly, who i mean

the same people who have banged on about the same old things day in day out for the past 2 or so years, it aint rocket science

I agree it a good sign but it’s not way ahead of us, after they have changed sex here they can change their birth certificate and be classed as their new gender.

my 'us' was more in the sense of 'the west'. yes, the uk has always been very good at equalities on many levels. my beef is with the states and other 'western' hypocritical nations that lecture yet pass laws that do the same things but subtler.

thats not quite how it works, they don't choose to look like a woman, they are a woman, they don't think of themselves as men at all

Whether that is true or not, my point still stands. People will feel uncomfortable, and there is nothing wrong with that.

It wouldn't be fine for me to go into ladies dressing rooms claiming that it's ok because I am a woman trapped in a mans body.

Archived