Pakistan allows transgenders to be a gender

the christian taliban have the distinct disadvantage of not being able to get away with anything they want. just look at the kind of laws etc they'd want to put into place and you'll see they're all the same.

My bold=: Christain Taliban? Can you enlighten us please?

Wouldn't transgender people rather be "categorized" as the gender they think they are ?

That’s what I said; I can't imagine them wanting their own gender. They are either male or female after the sex change and should be treated as such.:huh:

That’s what I said; I can't imagine them wanting their own gender. They are either male or female after the sex change and should be treated as such.:huh:

They should be classed as either transgender or the gender they are before the sex change.

No amount of treatement will ever truly make a man a woman and vise versa.

Does this mean they are being segregated from what would be classed as normal? My understanding of a transgender person is one that has had a sex change because they felt they were born the wrong sex. When they change sex I would think they want to be accepted as normal people of the sex they have changed to, not a separate group, neither male nor female.

you do have a point. but in a time where you're forced to be male or female depending on what genitals you have regardless of what gender you fell you are an acknowledgment that it's recognized you might have this but are that is a start. it'll be interesting to see how this pans out, and look into if they'll go all the way and accept born males as women after a sex change.

it's still a big step in my book.

Wouldn't transgender people rather be "categorized" as the gender they think they are ?

They had a place years ago for people who thought they were someone else like Napoleon Bonifarte and Edward the Compressor.

it was once called Bedlam/Funny Farm

You'll be stoned for thinking like that.

not at all. Andy and i have disagreed on some issues and reasoned on it. the man put his point across very well, with due credit to the debate. never resorts to petty name calling and changing words and names so they sound like an insult made up by a twelve year old.

i for one welcome him to put his point across.

it's still a big step in my book.

I'm not sure, i think once you get people classified as a 3rd gender you can start passing laws that refer to that 3rd gender specifically, which makes it easier to target this group, which you couldn't if you were limited to only "male" or "female".

Archived