Engine lights on vauxhall zafira

hi iv got a light on my vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol.its the light shaped as a car with a spanner through it.can any1 tell me wot it is please,it only comes on wen i get on motorways/dual carriageways wen im doin a continuous 60mph.wen the light comes on i then lose power in the car

hi iv got a light on my vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol.its the light shaped as a car with a spanner through it.can any1 tell me wot it is please,it only comes on wen i get on motorways/dual carriageways wen im doin a continuous 60mph.wen the light comes on i then lose power in the car

Loosing top eng power sounds like Coilpack or MAF sensor but Maf usually doesnt flag up engine fault light , had one with same fault and changed all sorts turned out to be a faulty spark plug. Have it serviced first and plugged into a diagnostic computer before you start throwing loads of money at it ....hope this helps

goto that place down pitsmoor vauxpartz they do fault reading and repairs think number 07747163263

cheaper to phone rac or aa tell them lights come on they will come out hook it up to there reader and tell you the likely problem saves paying to have a diagnostic done

Is it using more fuel? Could be MAF sensor, measures the amount of air coming into the engine for the ECU.

You need to get the car on a diagnostics test or have a look on some Vauxhall forums for more specific advice.

Archived