Canton Orchard

Ying

I've been a couple of times, I always remember the waiter being a bit like Basil Fawlty and the food being average and the service haphazard to say the least.

When I want a nice Chinese I always go to China Rose in Bawtry. 10/10 every time.

Me and my family used to go to Canton Orchard alot years ago but stopped going once every food we ordered were too salty. The manager back then was nice. Anyone recommend going? I want to see if its changed from about 8-9 years ago. If so, any dishes in particular? I need to get out of my usual chinese dishes i order from noodle inn and dim sum!( They do good food for affordable prices as im sure many of you will know!)

• 3 months later...

I am a regular visitor to the Canton Orchard and think it is great and always a delight, i understand some people have had some bad experiences but hope this does not put other people off coming to this place. I love the food here, it is the tastiest chinese food Iv had in Sheffield, yes it is more expensive then the average chinese, but I think it is well worth it.

The decor has character, a charming manor house like theme. The manager is always friendly, charming and generous everytime me and my family and friends go so really do not understand why there seem to be some negative reviews about him. Maybe you have to catch him on a good day ha!

I also found a recent article about this place this year that might interest people:

http://www.regionalmagazine.co.uk/RMC_Extra/Review.asp?id=707

Archived