Ladies, credit crunch and beauty

Just wondering how you ladies cope with the credit crunch and make up, hair etc.

I did start colouring my own hair but then was putting colour over colour and it was getting darker so I am going back to the hair salon but its costing me £54 for two colours, plus I am using the salon hair care, though it does last a while, especially conditioner.

I love Clinique make up (even though they have discontinued a lot of their foundations lately which has put me off) but its getting more expensive and the bottles of foundation are getting smaller. I am gearing towards Boots N07 make up again which is good but I still love Clinique.

Do you think its worth paying out for beauty and hair etc and save on others things or is it extravagant to spend too much on this.

My daughter and I love Soap.com. They have all kinds of good stuff! Unfortunately, they don't ship internationally. I checked. :(

I do my own manis and pedis. My daughter has hers done, but she's working and can do what she wants with her own money. I hardly have a clue how to color my own hair. Lowlights, highlights? That's one thing I pay a professional to do. It's not like when I was sixteen and could just put lemon juice in my hair then go sit in the sun. :hihi:

I wear very little makeup nowadays, but I like decent lipsticks and moisturiser. I have my hair cut every 6 weeks but don't colour it any more, so a decent cut is affordable. I also have a facial every month. It doesn't exactly ward off the ravages of time, but it feels great. :D Bliss.

I wear very little makeup nowadays, but I like decent lipsticks and moisturiser. I have my hair cut every 6 weeks but don't colour it any more, so a decent cut is affordable. I also have a facial every month. It doesn't exactly ward off the ravages of time, but it feels great. :D Bliss.

Im with you there:D

Archived