Signing off the DSS?

I have found a job I really wanted and start soon. As part of the signing-off process (face to face or via the 'phone) they always ask you where you're going to work etc.

I don't have any die-hard objection for any furtive reason, but am a private person and don't want them bugging me with paperwork- I am stating that I don't want their aid any more!

My question is, by law do we have to tell them where? Or if we can choose not to, can we simply say what date we are working and send them a confirmation of employment letter?

I have found a job I really wanted and start soon. As part of the signing-off process (face to face or via the 'phone) they always ask you where you're going to work etc.

I don't have any die-hard objection for any furtive reason, but am a private person and don't want them bugging me with paperwork- I am stating that I don't want their aid any more!

My question is, by law do we have to tell them where? Or if we can choose not to, can we simply say what date we are working and send them a confirmation of employment letter?

No you don't have to tell them. You just need to tell them the date of the last day you'll be claiming for.

Good luck with the new job!:)

PS Remember that if you've been signing on for at least six months you may be entitled to a back to work grant of around £100, unless things have changed. You may have to tell them about your new job to qualify for that.

I'm not even completely sure what DSS is but congratulations on the job.

Archived