Car Insurance advice/comments please

. I said to my insurer, I'll stick with you if you can match or beat this quote, which they did!

That always bugs me, I phoned them to see if it was their best offer ……… “yes it was” …… I then phone them to cancel my policy when I have found a better offer and they say …………”we could have matched it”.

That always bugs me, I phoned them to see if it was their best offer ……… “yes it was” …… I then phone them to cancel my policy when I have found a better offer and they say …………”we could have matched it”.

What did they say when you said 'why didn't you then'??

What did they say when you said 'why didn't you then'??

:hihi:

I said “so you were quite happy to let me pay over the odds then” , to which came the reply “ we can improve the offer because now I can put you through to the new policy department” :o

The moral of the story seems to be cancel your policy and then ask for a quote as a new customer.

I said “so you were quite happy to let me pay over the odds then” , to which came the reply “ we can improve the offer because now I can put you through to the new policy department” :o

The moral of the story seems to be cancel your policy and then ask for a quote as a new customer.

The thing is I always just accept the usual small annual increase but this time it jumped up by a few hundred pounds, like it did fot the fella on that BBC1 consumer programme last night, but this time I obtained more quotes.

Should have done it before!

Several years ago when I was insured with the AA when I received my renewal I rang to query it as it was a lot dearer than a quote with them on the Internet. I was told it was because the deals were for new customers and was advised to start again as a new customer to get the best deal. Did you see Watchdog last night about loyalty with companies?

• 2 weeks later...

just had our renewal quote through today, with another years no claims bonus, its err gone UP over £150, yea rite, like im going to renew with them, im sorry, but insurance companies are ripping the honest motorist off now, its getting just silly!!!

Have a try at Aviva. Its not on the compare sites, it's the lowest quote i could find.

The compare sites came up with lowest quotes from dial direct and budget insurance, i then googled them for some reviews and they were terrible, average review was 0.8/10 lol so do be careful with the lowest quote ones!

just had our renewal quote through today, with another years no claims bonus, its err gone UP over £150, yea rite, like im going to renew with them, im sorry, but insurance companies are ripping the honest motorist off now, its getting just silly!!!

Just had my renewal come in at £600 thats with full no claims bonus, been driving now for 44 years , thought I would try the Go Compare site and the quotes came back between £590 and get this one £4500, someone somewheres taking the p**s.

If you agree to pay for this absolute "legalised" theft, then more fool you.

Insurance is nothing more than "legalised theft" and while you keep paying the insurance companys will keep putting up the prices

Can you imagine what would happen if every stopped driving with insurance?

1) The insurance companys would fold

2) Compensation claim companys would fold

You would save yourself hundreds, and soon to be thousands (yes 1000s - thats what your premium will be in a couple of years). Money you can spend on more imprtant things in like, such as food - thats essential.

People say "but what if I have an accident, what happens then?"

Well given the fact that I have driven for 20 years and have never had an accident, I could claim I am a safe driver.

If on the other hand I was forever having accidents - I would probably have my licence taken away from me - due to being a dangerous driver.

YOu pay for this theft - so you pay the price the company wants

Can we assume then that you drive without insurance?

If so, you should be ashamed of yourself - and I hope you get caught out one day.

It's people like you who put the costs of insurance up for everyone else. :mad:

Have a try at Aviva. Its not on the compare sites, it's the lowest quote i could find.

The compare sites came up with lowest quotes from dial direct and budget insurance, i then googled them for some reviews and they were terrible, average review was 0.8/10 lol so do be careful with the lowest quote ones!

I'll second that. I am with Aviva, and found them to be by far the cheapest, two years running.

Archived