Any Freezer engineers on here?

My freezer is playing up, it used to ice up even though it's frost free and after 5 visits they seem to have cleared that fault, but now on a few occasions I have heard its alarm and it had dropped from -22 to -9. Each time I turned it off for a minute and then it seemed OK for another couple of weeks before it did it again.

This week it did it again but now it wont get back down to temperature, it's settled on -9.

If the compressor was faulty would it even try and cool or would it just be at room temp. Seems that it must be working to some degree.

If the relay was faulty - same question!

I am at a loss, if I turn it off for a minute and back on the compressor usually kicks in, so I take it that the relay is working and so is the compressor, the compressor runs warm but it's not hot.

The repair company are not being very helpful even though I paid them £200 to fix it and it appears that they have replaced one fault with another. or is it a coincidence?

Any ideas?

:)

It's not a Bosch is it, neeek?

I'm currently wrangling with Bosch about being compensated for a design flaw in one of their frost-free fridge freezers.

Mine has broken down three times. I had the first two repairs done under warranty, the second just days before the warranty ran out in August last year. then, a couple of weeks ago, it broke down for a third time, the same fault, again.

I had to call a local repair man in, and the repair cost me £140.

I told Bosch that I do not consider it reasonable for a three year old fridge to break down three times with the same fault, and that I want reimbursing for the repair.

I am not asking for reimbursement for the food that was lost, just the repair. I don't think that's a big ask, considering they know about, and admitted that there was a design fault in that model.

You don't pay hundreds of pounds for a fridge freezer, for it to go wrong three times in just over three years.

Archived