Anyone else used or are using Gumtree?

I am using it, and i have put a few things up for sale on there, and im using the Sheffield Gumtree, and i have had 2 emails so far for one of my items i have put on there, and one email says, that they would like me to post it to their son in south Africa and says please let me have you bank details such as account number, sort code, and account name so i can make payment and i will send you my sons address in south Africa, the other email says, that they are buying the item for their daughter in Africa, so they would like my pay pal details to make payment.

anyone else had anything like this from Gumtree?

I had a similar experience when I was getting rid of some jewellery first she said she ran a used jewellery store here, then she wanted me to send it to nigeria for a relatives shop that they were going to be opening and she wanted all sorts of details. I said that I would send the item to her if she sent me a postal order or something like that and I never heard from her again. Now when I put anything on there I always say collection only, at least then you know that anyone that contacts you is actually interested.

I had a similar experience when I was getting rid of some jewellery first she said she ran a used jewellery store here, then she wanted me to send it to nigeria for a relatives shop that they were going to be opening and she wanted all sorts of details. I said that I would send the item to her if she sent me a postal order or something like that and I never heard from her again. Now when I put anything on there I always say collection only, at least then you know that anyone that contacts you is actually interested.

True one thing i forgot to put lol

Archived