Will the Royal marriage last?

Will the Royal marriage last?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Royal marriage last?

• Yes
    • No

Just come across an article in the Daily Mail about a lip reader who reavealed what was said by the Royals during the day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382162/Royal-wedding-Lip-reader-reveals-just-WAS-said-ceremony.html

An interesting exchange between the couple occurred during the procession when passing the Cenotaph when William said to Kate 'I don't think you should bow quite yet. I think you should just bow your head, okay?' to which she replied 'Okay. Thank you. Now are you happy?'. He then fawned 'Yes! Yes! It was a beautiful service! It really was. It was amazing... was amazing... am so proud...you're my wife!'

Also, on the balcony it looked like he was practically pleading for her to kiss him for the second time 'One more. That's it, come on!' he said to his wife 'Let's give them another one. I love you. One more kiss, one more kiss, okay?'

There were a few other other funny comments like when Kate asked William 'What's next?' to which he replied 'They want more time I think', followed by 'Just do a bit of everything. Do you like the balloons? [unclear] They go up in the air.'

Also, at no point in the day did she (publicly at least) say he looked handsome, was proud to be married to him, or indeed that she loved him.

I dunno. I have always had the impression that Kate has a cold and calculating side to her and William comes across as a bit thick and behaves like a love-sick puppy dog around her. Are these things on which an enduring marriage can be built?

Day after the ceremony......get a life !!!!

Ermm .. I've thought this since the engagement was finally announced. It just seems (to me at least) that what was said yesterday by the couple bears out my misgivings. I'm not for one minute hoping it won't last and I know it's only a day after the wedding, but I just think the portents are'nt good ..

Yeah, you would have assumed they were in love, what with getting married and all. I don't think Kate needs a Visa.

Lady Diana didn't need a Visa, Sarah Ferguson didn't need a Visa, Mark Phillips didn't need a Visa. Look where all their marriages ended up. Getting married is certainly not an absoulute indication of being in love. Do you seriously think Charles ever really loved Diana?

Looks like I'm in a minority of one at this point, whilst everyone else is still whipped up with the hubris of yesterday's events. Only time will tell.

Archived